Book Inspired Kid Crafts Roundup – I Heart Crafty Things
A big hello today to all of you lovely Glued to My Crafts fans! My name is Rachel and I blog over at I Heart Crafty Things. I’ve been a big fan of Glued to My Crafts for quite some time now and have recently fallen in love with all of Stacey’s book-inspired crafts. Just like Stacey, I also love making crafts based on books. In fact, our love for book-inspired crafts is what started I Heart Crafty Things. I love seeing a book come to life for my children from creating a craft or a piece of artwork and I love how proud they are of their creations. Today I’m excited to share with you 10 of my favorite crafts we’ve made based on books.
10 BOOK-INSPIRED CRAFTS FOR KIDS
3. Kids will love designing their own Puffy Fish Craft to go along with the cute story Hooray for Fish by Lucy Cousins. We also created Cupcake Liner Fish to go along with this fun book.4. Are you a Dr. Seuss fan? Create this fun cupcake liner craft to along with a classic, The Lorax. You might also enjoy making this after watching the movie.
5. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom has been a longstanding favorite at my house. Here is a colorful Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Craft that also couples as a great way to review all of the letters of the alphabet.
6. My daughter always loves when we read Leo the Lightning Bug by Eric Drachman. We created this cute Leo Lightning Bug to go along with the book that really glows in the dark.
7. Make your very own Paper Bag Monster Puppet to go along with the children’s book Love Monster by Rachel Bright. A fun non-scary monster craft that kids will love!
8. The Giant Jam Sandwich by John Vernon Lord is one of my all time favorite children’s books! After enjoying the book, your kids will love creating their very own jam sandwich and catching all kinds of critters inside.
9. Cupcake liners and Cheerios make a perfect combination in this Octopus Kids Craft. We combined it with the cute book The Tickly Octopus by Ruth Galloway.
10. Design your very own cupcake craft and add as many sprinkles on top as you want! This fun kids craft goes great with If You Give a Cat a Cupcake by Laura Numeroff.