So who has been watching the giraffe baby watch feed?! Admit it – you are right there with me, waiting for April to have her baby. Am I right? It’s sooooo addictive!
Anyways – I was recently “slightly” inspired by April the giraffe and that’s what brought me to today’s Paper Handprint Giraffe kid craft idea! One thing led to another and we had a great handprint paper piece that look exactly like a giraffe!
It’s simply perfect for a zoo themed lesson plan in the classroom or just because at home! Not to mention – it’s also a great keepsake for parents, as well!!!
Now find all simple details in the FULL tutorial below!
Happy crafting, my friends!!! Please don’t forget to share pictures of your finished paper giraffe handprint keepsake with us on our Facebook page! #gluedtomycrafts
Paper Handprint Giraffe Supplies:
* First grab your yellow cardstock.
* Trace your child’s hand and arm on the yellow cardstock.
* Trim out and discard leftover cardstock.
* Next grab your black cardstock.
* Cut out TWO black circles that will be placed on the “horns” of the giraffe.
* Go ahead and glue them to the tips of TWO fingers.
* Now you are ready for the embellishments!!! Go ahead and glue your brown pom poms all over the handprint cutout.
* Finish off the Handprint Paper Giraffe craft by drawing on a face and adding some wiggle eyes for it to see!
* Then set in an undisturbed area for it to dry completely, before displaying proudly!!!
* Don’t forget to snap a few pictures to share with us! #gluedtomycrafts