Crafting is an excellent way for kids to have fun and learn at the same time! This paper bag cow craft idea for young children is perfect for a crafty day at home – all you need is a paper lunch sack and some craft supplies that can easily be found around your house.
Cow Craft Made From A Paper Bag
With simple supplies and steps, today’s latest and greatest tutorial is the perfect last-minute cow craft idea to do to pass the time or throw into a farm lesson plan for preschoolers.
You could even pair it with the book Mrs. Wow Never Wanted A Cow, like we did for a little story time activity! Then after you read the book and complete the paper bag craft, get ready for a fun puppet show put together by your child’s imagination. The fun can be limitless on this one if you choose!
So what are we waiting for? All the details you need to know, can be found below in the full cow paper bag puppet tutorial. I’ve even included a free printable template for you to enjoy today as well!
I just hope you take the time to recreate some puppet magic of your own, in your home or classroom, with easy art project idea! Happy crafting my friends!
RELATED —> Thumbprint Pumpkins In Farm Truck
Our paper bag cow puppet tutorial is the perfect last-minute idea to do to pass the time or throw into a farm animal lesson plan. It’s so much fun for kids of all ages!
- White Paper Bag
- Green Tissue Paper
- Wiggle Eyes
- Color Printer
- White Cardstock Paper
- FREE Cow Head Printable
- Crayons, Markers or Coloring Pencils
- Craft Scissors
- School Glue or Glue Stick
- First things first – download and print out the provided cow head printable, on white cardstock paper. You only need ONE print per craft.
- Go ahead and color in the head design however you like.
- At this point in time you can also glue on the two googly eyes as well.
- When done, trim it out and discard excess paper.
- Now, with the same coloring utensil, add some brown spots all over the white paper bag.
- Follow that up by gluing the head shape to the flap of the decorated paper bag.
- Finally, the last step is to cut two to three long pieces of green tissue paper and glue them under the flap of the paper bag, to give the illusion the cow is eating grass.
- And that’s it! Now display your awesome lunch sack cow craft piece proudly for all to see or use it as a puppet!
RELATED —> Easter Eggs in Farm Truck
Create an afternoon worth remembering with our easy step-by-step kid craft tutorials! We have so MANY to choose from!
On that note, be sure to check out our favorites, listed below, for even MORE crafty inspiration to tackle today!
All of which would be a great addition to pair with today’s lunch sack cow puppet craft idea – hint hint!
- Paper Bag Black Cat
- Clothespin Alligator Friend
- Mixed Media Sunglasses Craft
- Thumbprint Palm Tree
- Paper Plate Bug
- Paper Plate Humpty Dumpy
- Paint Splat Campfire Craft