Arts and crafts are a spectacular way to engage young minds in creative play while developing their fine motor skills. And what better way to moo-ve your kids away from screen time than with an adorable paper plate cow craft?
This easy and enjoyable heart covered cow project is perfect for parents, teachers, or anyone looking to entertain kids with a hands-on activity.
In this blog post, we’re going to guide you through the steps to create your very own paper plate cow. So gather your supplies, and let’s get crafting!
This simple and enjoyable project uses affordable supplies and is great for a range of ages. Plus, it comes with the added benefit of teaching children about animals while they flex their artistic muscles. Let’s moo-ve into how to make this udderly adorable cow!
- Large Paper Plate – one per craft
- Crayons, Markers, Pencils
- Pink Cardstock Paper
- Brown Cardstock Paper
- White Cardstock Paper – two sheets
- Cow Printable – on box.com
- Large Googly Eyes – two per craft
- Glue Stick
- First things first – print out the FREE cow spots printable that is listed above in the supply list.
- Next go ahead and have children color in the various heart shapes in their printable. I suggest black for the hearts but any color will do!
- When done, help them trim out ALL the various heart shapes out. Discard excess paper.
- Next up, grab your remaining white, pink and brown cardstock paper.
- Out of the pink, cut out a large oval shape for the snout of the cow.
- Out of the brown, cut out two horns.
- Finally, out the second sheet of white cardstock paper, cut out two ears.
- Now we are ready to assemble our cow! Grab your large paper plate and glue stick.
- Start off by gluing the black hearts in various spots on the paper plate. Be sure to save two of the smaller ones for the nose of the cow!
- Follow that up by gluing on the pink snout, his ears and of course, stapling on the horns and ears to the decorated plate as well.
- And that’s it! Add other embellishments you see fit before displaying your heart covered cow craft proudly for ALL to see!
RELATED —> Paper Bag Cow