Get crafty with the kiddos today! Here’s a cute paper plate bug craft idea they’ll love making – and you will too!
Not only is this bug themed craft simple and budget-friendly, but it also allows children to use their imagination and fine motor skills while creating a cute little critter.
So gather your art supplies and get ready for a buzzing good time! In this post, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of making these adorable bugs, along with some variations and tips to make them even more unique.
Let’s get started on unleashing your child’s creativity with this delightful paper plate bug craft idea!
This easy paper plate bug craft is perfect for kids of all ages. It’s a great way to teach them about insects and nature.
- Large Paper Plate
- Yellow Tissue Paper
- White Cardstock Paper
- Orange Cardstock Paper
- Tan Cardstock Paper
- Black Cardstock Paper
- School Glue
- Black Pipe Cleaner
- First things first – cut your yellow tissue paper into small squares.
- Now take your paper plate and put a good amount of school glue all over it.
- Next have children place the tissue paper on top of the glue, until the paper plate is completely covered.
- While they are working on that, cut out the other bug features. Think wings, stripes, eyes, nose etc.
- To finish off the Paper Plate Bug craft simply staple/glue on the cardstock paper pieces, as well as bending the pipe cleaner and stapling it on for the antennas.
- Allow it to dry completely and then display proudly for all to see!
RELATED —> Craft Foam Love Bug
If you are looking for even MORE easy craft ideas for story time, be sure to check out these fun posts:
- Dr Seuss Inspired Leopard
- Paper Plate Cat In The Hat
- Dr Seuss Inspired Fish
- Seuss Inspired Fish Canvas
- Paper Bag Leopard
- Lorax Handprint Keepsake
- Paper Plate Fox
- Paper Bag Cow