Celebrate the beloved Dr. Seuss children’s book with today’s Handprint Lorax Keepsake kid craft idea!
It’s perfect to pass the time AND have a great piece to show off for years to come, afterwards!
Lorax Handprint Keepsake Idea
Last week I shared our Dr Seuss inspired Fox Craft on Glued To My Crafts and today I’m sharing this cute Paper Handprint Lorax Keepsake Craft. Both crafts are in honor of Dr. Seuss’ Birthday coming up on March 2nd.
This Handprint Beard Lorax paper craft is not only fun to do with your child one afternoon BUT it’s also a great keepsake that you can treasure for years to come. I have high hopes to have a reading corner for my son in his room one day and I hope I can make a few Dr. Seuss inspired pieces to go in that very corner. I have plans to pick up an inexpensive picture frame in the coming days and place his piece in there for easy hanging.
On that note, why pay big bucks for stuff like that in the store, when you can make it yourself – for half the price!? Am I right?! I hope you keep that in mind as you recreate our crafty paper Lorax craft idea with your child this month!
Well – enough chit chat from me! Below you will find a full tutorial of what I used and did for our Handprint Bearded Lorax Paper Keepsake. Happy crafting, my friends!
RELATED: Popsicle Stick Cat In The Hat and Paper Plate Cat In The Hat
Get your crafty on with this incredible Handprint Lorax Keepsake tutorial!
- Orange Cardstock Paper
- Yellow Cardstock Paper
- Paper Craft Scissors
- School Glue
- Large Wiggle Eyes
- Medium Sized Brown Pom Pom
- First things first – grab your sheet of yellow cardstock, your pencil and scissors.
- Have children lay both of their hands flatly on the yellow cardstock.
- Using the pencil trace both of your child’s hands to create two handprints.
- Now use the scissors to cut the traced handprints out. This will the Lorax’s mustache.
- With the leftover cardstock, cut out two long, rectangle shaped eyebrows.
- Use the school glue to adhere the cutouts to the orange piece of paper.
- To finish the Handprint Lorax Keepsake, glue the brown pom pom and the two wiggle eyes on.
- Don’t forget to add your child’s name/age on the back with the pencil.
- When done decorating, let it dry completely before you display it proudly for all to see.
RELATED —> Paper Bag Lorax