Celebrate Dr. Seuss’s upcoming birthday with a clever kid craft idea! Today I’m presenting to you our really easy Paper Bag Lorax Puppet tutorial! #gluedtomycrafts
Paper Bag Lorax Puppet Craft Idea For Dr Seuss Week
As always – this kid friendly craft has simple supplies and is easy for children of ALL ages. Plus it takes less than an hour from start to finish. Perfect for those afternoons where you just NEED something to keep the kids entertained!
So what are you waiting for??! Although the Lorax is portrayed as grumpy in the book/movie – he’s really charming in this paper bag puppet craft. So grab those craft supplies and make one up today! You can find ALL the details you need to know, in our full tutorial below!
Happy crafting, my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your lunch sack Lorax puppet craft on our Facebook page afterwards, so we can give you a virtual high five from a far! I can’t wait to see your Lorax puppet made from a paper bag in action! #gluedtomycraftsinspiresyou
PAIR YOUR PAPER BAG LORAX CRAFT WITH —> Popsicle Stick Lorax w/Handprint Beard
Lorax Puppet Craft Supplies:
* Large Paper Bag – one per Lorax craft
* Orange Craft Paint
* Large, Foam Paint Brush
* Kid Friendly Craft Scissors
* Yellow Colored Cardstock
* School Glue/Stapler
* Large Wiggle Eyes – two per Lorax craft
* Orange Pom Pom – one per Lorax craft
* First have your child paint their paper bag completely orange.
* Set aside to let it dry completely.
* While that is drying, cut out a mustache and eyebrows from the yellow cardstock.
* To finish off the paper bag Lorax puppet craft, simple glue/staple on the cardstock paper pieces in their appropriate places, along with the wiggle eyes.
* Then display proudly or use as a puppet!
RELATED POST —> Dr Seuss Roundup For Read Across America Week
The Lorax: Which way does a tree fall?
The Once-ler: Uh, down?
The Lorax: A tree falls the way it leans. Be careful which way you lean.
If you are looking for even MORE easy Seuss-ical fun themed kid craft ideas, be sure to check out these fun posts currently on Glued To My Crafts:
Have something to say? Want to show off your creations? Join the conversation on our Facebook page. We love hearing from YOU! #gluedtomycrafts
Paper Bag Lorax Puppet
- First have your child paint their paper bag completely orange.
- Set aside to let it dry completely.
- While that is drying, cut out a mustache and eyebrows from the yellow cardstock.
- To finish off the Lorax Kid Craft, simple glue/staple on the cardstock pieces in their appropriate places, along with the wiggle eyes.
- Then display proudly or use as a puppet!