Spread some love this Valentine’s Day with this sweet and easy paper plate Love Bug craft! Get creative and let your little one show you their unique take on it.
Paper Plate Love Bug Craft For Valentine’s Day
This is ONLY kind of bug I want to see this upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday!!! Not only is Paper Plate Valentine Love Bug super kid friendly but it’s also really fun for all ages and makes for even better party decor as well!!!
It’s also really inexpensive and super simple too! With just some colorful tissue paper, a paper plate and tons of glue – you TOO can pull this easy Mosaic Colored Love Bug themed kid craft together in no time. Three simple supplies but oh so fun in results!
So please don’t go “buggy” thinking about ways to entertain your child today. Glued To My Crafts has YOU covered!!! Find our step-by-step tutorial below for this paper plate and tissue paper plate bug craft below. Then grab your supplies and let the crafty fun begin on your kitchen table this afternoon! Happy crafting my friends!
RELATED: Paper Plate Unicorn and Love Bug Jar Cards
Not only is Paper Plate Valentine Love Bug super kid friendly but it’s also really fun for all ages & can be customized to a theme as well!
- Large Paper Plate
- School Glue
- Small Paper Heart Doilies
- Tissue Paper
- Craft Scissors
- Pipe Cleaners
- Large Wiggle Eyes
- Large Craft Pom Poms
- First have children cut their tissue paper into small squares. This great to practice those cutting skills!
- Now put a good amount of glue all over the paper plate.
- Have your child place the tissue paper pieces on top of the glue, until the plate is completely covered.
- To finish off the Love Bug craft – go ahead and glue the wiggle eyes & pom pom nose in the center of the plate.
- Follow that up by stapling the TWO doily hearts to the side of the paper plate for wings and the pipe cleaner bent in half for antennas on the top.
- Then set everything aside to let it dry completely before displaying proudly!!
- Don’t forget to share pictures of your finished paper plate lovebug creations with us afterwards! #gluedtomycrafts
And of course – you can take our Paper Plate Love Bug tutorial and really make it your own, by changing up the tissue paper color or adding other embellishments you like. Glitter is always welcome in our world, as well as paper doilies and heart stickers!!!