Father’s Day will be here before you know it. So don’t let your child or yourself go into “full panic mode” the weekend before the big day! Today is the day to plan!
If you are envisioning the PERFECT craft for your child to make and gift to someone special, you are in the right place with Glued To My Crafts with this very blog post.
We have taken our now VIRAL idea from Mother’s Day last month and changed it up for dads! Just keep scrolling for the free Father’s Day Love Bug Card printable, as well as the how-to tutorial!
Father’s Day Love Bug Cards – Kid Craft
First things first – like always, it’s the Glued To My Crafts way to make it super easy for you to recreate our ideas! You are going to start this particular love bug themed craft by snagging the free mason jar card printable listed below in the supply list.
Because we have laid out most of the work in the free provided file, from there, all your child needs to do is add a “thumbprint bug” to the center of each card design and sign their name in the provided space. Then – they will cut each section out and add them to simple cardstock cards. That’s it! Easy peasy, just how we like it around here!!!
Our Father’s Day Love Bug Jar Cards idea is honestly the EASIEST gift idea and oh so cute! I know you are going to love it as much as I do!
So what are you waiting for?! All the details are listed below and we hope we inspired you with this quick DIY. Remember – this “Happy Father’s Day From Your Love Bug” idea is also great for a large setting too! Think church, camps, summer play-dates etc!
Happy crafting, my friends! Don’t forget to FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK so you never miss a new tutorial from us! I can’t wait to “meet” you over there!
PAIR YOUR LOVE BUG CARDS WITH —> Paper Plate Love Bug Cars – Kid Craft Idea
Love Bug Card Craft Supplies:
* Free Father’s Day Love Bug Card Printable – access it on box.com
* 8″x11.5″ White Cardstock Paper
* Color Printer
* Paper Trimmer
* Glue Stick or Tape Runner Adhesive
* Pre-Made 4×6″ Colored Cardstock Cards
* Washable Ink Pads
* Baby Wipes
* Thin Tip Sharpie Markers
* Small Heart Stickers or Rhinestones
* First access the freebie link listed above in the supply list.
* Print the mason jar card template on white cardstock. One printable makes FOUR cards at a time. Please only use our file for personal use.
* Use a paper trimmer to trim out each section and make FOUR cards total.
* Adhere each cut out piece to a single cardstock card front.
* Next open your ink pads up.
* Have children place their thumb on the ink pad, then in the center of the mason jar design. Follow that up by adding two more thumbprints for “wings” on the side of the first one.
* Repeat the thumbprint step on each card.
* Use baby wipes to remove excess ink off of fingers before washing hands completely at the sink.
* Once done, they can draw on their embellishments with various markers to bring their thumbprint love bug to life.
* Add other embellishments you see fit. I highly encourage small sticker embellishments on the antennas!
* Then the last step is to sign their name on the front of the card and write a sweet message inside.
* Now gift each card piece away to someone special on Father’s Day!
Pair your finished craft with our —> Hooked On Daddy Keepsake Printable For Father’s Day
At Glued To My Crafts we really enjoy sharing Father’s Day gift ideas this time of year. Just check out our now VIRAL Handprint Daddy’s Grilling Partner Printable to see what I’m talking about!
And don’t forget to share pictures with us as well! You can tag us on your various social media sites, join our Facebook group to share pictures or use our special hashtag #gluedtomycrafts for us to see! We really appreciate and LOVE seeing the inspiration come to life! Come on – make my day and share away with us!
FIND MORE IDEAS —> Father’s Day Keepsake Ideas featured on Glued To My Crafts