If you would like your child to recreate something eye-catching and “love bug” themed this Valentine’s Day, you are in the right place with Glued To My Crafts today!
We are sharing a stinkin’ cute Thumbprint Love Bug Mason Jar Cards tutorial that is sure to bring some sparkle & smiles to those around you!
Keep scrolling for the free printable and full how-to! #gluedtomycrafts
First you are going to get started by snagging the FREE MASON JAR CARD PRINTABLE below!
From there, you are going to print it out on simple white cardstock and hand it over to your child. They will complete the craft by adding a “bug” of choice to the center of each card front and signing their name. Then – they will cut it out and make cards. That’s it! Easy peasy, just how we like it around here!!!
Our Thumbprint Love Bug Jar Cards idea is just too easy and oh so cute!
So come one, come all – Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and we hope we inspired you with this quick DIY! Remember – this idea is great for the classroom too!
Happy crafting, my friends!!! #gluedtomycrafts
Thumbprint Love Bug Jar Cards Supplies:
* Free Love Bug Mason Jar Card Printable
* White Cardstock
* Color Printer
* Paper Trimmer
* Glue Stick or Tape Runner Adhesive
* Pre-Made 4×6″ Colored Cardstock Cards
* Washable Ink Pads
* Baby Wipes
* Thin Tip Markers
* Small Heart Stickers or Rhinestones
* First download the link listed in the supply list and print the mason jar card template on white cardstock. One printable makes FOUR cards at a time.
* Use a paper trimmer to trim out each section and make FOUR cards total.
* Adhere each cut out piece to a single cardstock card front.
* Next open your ink pad up.
* Have children place their thumb on the ink pad, then in the center of the mason jar design.
* Repeat the thumbprint step on each card.
* Use baby wipes to remove excess ink off of fingers before washing hands completely at the sink.
* Once done, they can draw on their embellishments with various markers to bring their thumbprint love bug to life.
* Add other embellishments you see fit. I highly encourage small sticker embellishments on the antennas!
* Then the last step is to sign their name on the front of the card and write a sweet message inside before they gift it away!
At Glued To My Crafts we really enjoy incorporating those little thumbprints into our craft tutorials! Be sure to check out our Thumbprint Dandelion and Thumbprint Thanks For Helping Me Grow post for even more crafty inspiration!
And don’t forget to share pictures with us as well! You can tag us on your various social media sites, join our Facebook group to share pictures or use our special hashtag #gluedtomycrafts for us to see! We really appreciate and LOVE seeing the inspiration come to life!