This fun paper plate kid craft is a great way to teach your children about the popular nursery rhyme, Humpty Dumpty.
Get creative and have some fun with your little ones by checking out the full tutorial below!
Humpty Dumpty Nursery Rhyme Craft For Kids
Happy Monday, my crafty readers! Today I’m super excited to be sharing a kid friendly Humpty Dumpty craft idea that goes along perfectly with a very well known and popular nursery rhythm. It’s perfect for the younger kids or school children!
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King’s horses, And all the King’s men
Couldn’t put Humpty together again!
You probably have sang the nursery rhythm a time or two to your child, so why not do a craft in honor of it? This Paper Plate Humpty Dumpty art project idea is super easy, great for all ages and really inexpensive too.
So there is no need to “crack” under the crafty pressure because you seriously can’t go wrong with a paper plate & tissue paper activity.
Grab those craft supplies, find the full tutorial below and get to work on piecing Humpty Dumpty back together again!
Happy crafting, my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your finished paper plate egg creations! You can ALWAYS tag us on Facebook or Instagram for easy sharing. I can’t wait to SEE what you all create today! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Paper Plate Sheep
This is a great kid craft to do alongside the popular nursery rhyme, Humpty Dumpty. It’s simple and easy for kids of all ages and can be done with just a few materials that you probably already have around the house. Get creative and have some fun!
- Large Paper Plate
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Blue Cardstock Paper
- Red Cardstock Paper
- Skin Tone Cardstock Paper
- School Glue
- Stapler/School Glue
RELATED —> Paper Plate Sleeping Bear
- First have children use the black marker to draw on a smile and some “cracked” designs on their paper plate.
- While they are working on that, grab all your paper pieces.
- One by one, take your piece of paper and cut out the body/clothing features from it. Think pants, legs, shoes and of course – his bowtie! Use the marker to add details where needed.
- To finish off the paper plate egg craft – staple and/or the body pieces to the decorated paper plate.
- Then display proudly your adorable Humpty Dumpty egg for all to see!
- BTW – your finished pieces can be easily turned into puppets by hot gluing a popsicle stick to the back!
If you are looking for even MORE easy kid craft ideas using paper plates, from Glued To My Crafts, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below. All of which are perfect for preschoolers and kindergarteners.
- Paper Plate Vampire
- Tissue Paper Apple
- Paper Plate Fox
- Paper Plate Cars
- Paper Plate Frogs
- Paper Plate Acorn
- Paper Plate Shark
- Paper Plate Donut
- Paper Plate Pumpkin
- Paper Plate Taco
- Paper Plate Cat In The Hat
- Paper Plate Pigs Craft