Silly as a scarecrow! Keep scrolling to see our Paper Plate Scarecrow kid craft idea come to life, as well as the fun children’s book we paired with him!
Paper Plate Scarecrow – Kid Craft
One of our favorite children’s book series around here is “There Was An Old Lady.” There’s really no real rhythm or reason to the stories within the pages BUT they ALWAYS seem to get some good belly laughs out of my little one.
So it only seems fitting that once fall arrived, that we add the book There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves! by Lucille Colandro to our ever-growing book collection and of course make a great kid craft in honor of it as well!
Our favorite old lady is back and swallowing autumn items!
That wild old lady is back swallowing fall-themed items. What can you make from leaves, clothes, a pumpkin, and rope? That’s right, a scarecrow!
Perfect for back-to-school time.
Whether to celebrate the beautiful autumn season or just to pass some time on a gloomy day – I sure hope you are inspired to make this simple but yet adorable Paper Plate Scarecrow with your little one today! Don’t forget to read the book along with your fall inspired craft as well!
Happy crafting, my creative friends!!! Don’t forget to share pictures of your child’s paper scarecrow with us on our Facebook page. It makes my day to see those images from our readers! #gluedtomycrafts
PAIR YOUR SCARECROW CRAFT WITH —> Wooden Spoon Scarecrow – Kid Craft Idea For Fall
Paper Plate Scarecrow Craft Supplies:
* Large Paper Plate – one per scarecrow craft
* Tan Tissue Paper
* Blue Colored Cardstock Paper
* Orange Colored Cardstock Paper
* Black Colored Cardstock Paper
* White Cardstock Paper
* Decorative Plastic Leaves
* School Glue
* Kid Friendly Craft Scissors
* Hand-Held Office Stapler
* Black Sharpie Marker
* First cut your tan tissue paper into small squares.
* Next put a good amount of glue all over the paper plate.
* Have your child cover it completely, with the tan tissue paper squares.
* While they are doing that, cut out of cardstock the scarecrow embellishments. Think hat, eyes, nose, mouth etc. Also decide how many decorative leaves you want to add to the plate for the scarecrow’s hair.
* To finish your Paper Plate Scarecrow craft, staple/glue on all the scarecrow features to the paper plate.
* When done decorating, allow it to dry completely and display it proudly for all to see!
* Don’t forget to snap a few pictures to share with us! #gluedtomycrafts
KEEP THE FUN GOING WITH OUR —> Paper Bag Scarecrow Craft Idea For Kids To Make This Fall