Nothing says fall like a cheerful scarecrow craft! Introduce your child to the season by making this super fun and easy popsicle stick project together!
Scarecrow House Made From Popsicle Sticks
Fall is in the air on Glued To My Crafts! It’s my favorite time of year!
There’s something about fall that ignites our creativity, don’t you agree?
I’ve been brainstorming like crazy to bring you new and fresh “never before seen” craft ideas and I sure hope you like what I’m about to share with you all! I’m super proud of it for sure!
So on that note, in our latest & greatest kids craft tutorial today, we are going to share with you how easy it is to make this adorable Popsicle Stick Scarecrow House from very basic craft materials you probably already have on hand. All of which are PERFECT to make and “build” a super comfy house that is fit for ANY little scarecrow friend to come home to!
Now let’s get to it! Grab a cup of cider, nestle up with the kids and help them recreate our awesome scarecrow craft DIY that you will find the full tutorial to, below! I just know you are going to have a blast designing your piece!
RELATED —> Handprint Scarecrow Hair
Looking for a craft to keep the kids busy? Create this adorable popsicle stick scarecrow house! Simple instructions and materials make it perfect for all ages.
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- School Glue
- Scrapbook Paper
- Dark Brown Cardstock Paper
- Light Brown Cardstock Paper
- White Cardstock Paper
- Paper Craft Scissors
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Fall Stickers and Embellishments
- First things first – grab your THREE jumbo popsicle sticks and glue them together in a simple triangle formation.
- Set it aside to allow it to dry a bit.
- Repeat the triangle shape step for each scarecrow house craft you want to create today.
- While that is drying, go ahead and grab your various sheets of paper & craft scissors.
- Cut out a large triangle from the scrapbook paper, that will fit inside the popsicle stick shape.
- Out of the dark brown cardstock, cut out a door and rectangle chimney shape.
- Out of the light brown/kraft colored cardstock, cut out a large scarecrow hat for the roof.
- Out of the white cardstock, cut out two small circular windows.
- Use your black Sharpie marker to draw on the details such as window lines, bricks on the chimney and a small doorknob on the door.
- When ready – it’s time to assemble your house. Grab all your paper pieces, popsicle stick shape and school glue.
- Start off my gluing the triangle paper piece to the back of the painted popsicle stick shape.
- Follow that up with the “scarecrow hat roof” on the top, front area of the popsicle stick shape.
- Go ahead and add the window, door and chimney pieces.
- Finally – add a few stickers to the popsicle stick scarecrow house shape, to tie it all together.
- Now allow it to dry completely before you display your craft stick scarecrow’s house creation proudly in your home!
- Don’t forget to share pictures with us on your social media sites! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Paper Bag Scarecrow