These adorable paper snowman gingerbread cookies are perfect for your Christmas tree this year! They’re so easy to make, and you can get the kids involved too. Let’s get started!
Snowman Gingerbread Cookie Ornament
We are decorating paper snowman cutouts to look like gingerbread Christmas cookies today! YAY!
It’s MY take on baking up sweet treats this holiday season but with a paper twist! Plus it’s a fun way to get crafty with the kids AND have a unique keepsake ornament to hang on the holiday tree, year after year!
So on that note, are you ready to make it happen with your little crafter today? Then be sure to keep on scrolling to learn more, in the full tutorial below, as well as grabbing the FREE snowman outline template to make your crafting even easier! Just print, pull out the various craft supplies and get to work on making paper gingerbread cookies that are iced like snowmen!
Happy crafting, my dear friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of decorated paper snowman cookies on our Facebook page wall. I seriously can’t wait to see how extra sweet your paper gingerbread iced ornaments turn out!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Gingerbread House
This is such a fun craft for kids! You can build your own snowman gingerbread cookie ornament and hang it on the tree or give it as a gift.
- Snowman Outline Printable
- Light Brown Cardstock Paper
- Colored Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Single Hole Punch
- White Tulip Puffy Paint
- Orange Tulip Puffy Paint
- Black Tulip Puffy Paint
- School Glue
- Ribbon or Twine
- Large Rhinestone Stickers
- First grab and print out the FREE printable on a single sheet of kraft or brown colored cardstock paper. You need ONE print per snowman gingerbread cookie craft.
- Next using your scissors, trim out the snowman design in the printable. Discard excess paper afterwards.
- Take the hole punch and punch a single hole at the top, so you can turn it into an ornament later on.
- Now you are ready to BAKE up your masterpieces with some decorating. Go ahead and flip over the snowman cutout, so you no longer see the outline from the original printable.
- Use the white puffy paint to outline the snowman design, while using the remainder for the face.
- Cut out a scarf from paper and glue it to his neck.
- Next add the rhinestones to the center, for his candy buttons.
- When you are done decorating your pieces, go ahead and set them aside to let them dry completely.
- Finally – add some twine and/or ribbon through the hole punched hole, so you can display it proudly on the tree.
- And that’s it! You now have a awesome paper gingerbread snowman ornament to show off ALL season long!
RELATED —> Wooden Spoon Gingerbread Man
Create a holiday worth remembering with our easy step-by-step kid craft tutorials! Be sure to check out these fun posts, listed below, for even MORE crafty & festive inspiration from us!
We love seeing our inspiration come to life and can’t wait to see your unique snowman gingerbread cookie pieces in action!
- Paper Plate Ornament
- Cork Reindeer Ornaments
- Stained Glass Ornaments
- Paper Plate Reindeer
- Reindeer Frame
- Painted Snowman Rocks
- Cotton Ball Snowman
- Paper Plate Gingerbread Man
- Cinnamon Stick Reindeer
- Gingerbread Star Ornament