Fun, easy and festive describes this popsicle stick ninjabread men puppet craft tutorial, that is perfect for a holiday themed story time event!
Gingerbread Ninjabread Popsicle Stick Puppet
You all know the traditional gingerbread man story but today’s Popsicle Stick Ninjabread Men kid craft and book idea is a fun twist on it all!
In this fun spinoff of the classic “Gingerbread Man” story, Sensei makes an age-old recipe for ninjabread. But the cookie escapes from the oven and runs loose!
Can the Ninjabread Man trick Ninja Bear, Ninja Snake, Ninja Mouse, and Ninja Fox? In the end, the clever Ninja Fox outsmarts the Ninjabread Man.
This action-packed ninja adventure features a wise sensei, adorable ninja animals, and one hard-to-catch cookie — all brought to life by award-winning Dinotrux illustrator Chris Gall!
Story time is more fun when you have a craft and puppet play to go along with it!!! So let’s grab those craft supplies and follow the FULL tutorial below. You better hurry up – because I’m the gingerbread man and you can’t catch me!!!
Happy crafting my ninja friends!!! Don’t forget to share pictures of your finished craft stick ninjabread men with us on our Facebook page! #gluedtomycrafts
Ninjabread Men Puppets
This craft idea is an interactive book and puppet set that will get your little ones excited to learn about gingerbread men in a whole new way!
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Light Brown Craft Paint
- White Craft Paint
- Paint Brushes
- School Glue
- Cardstock Paper
- Small Wiggle Eyes
- Rhinestones or Craft Sequins
- First have children paint their popsicle sticks completely brown. This will be the body of their gingerbread ninja man puppet.
- Next grab the cardstock paper and scissors.
- Cut out small bandannas for each ninja.
- To finish off the Ninjabread Men – glue on your wiggle eyes, rhinestones for buttons and the cardstock pieces.
- Finish off by drawing on a smile with white paint and any other embellishments you see fit.
- Set aside to let it dry completely before you display/play with proudly!!!
Celebrate this festive time of year with our easy step-by-step kid craft tutorials & make memories that will last a lifetime!
If you loved today’s ninja bread man puppet craft tutorial, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below, for even MORE crafty inspiration from Glued To My Crafts.
And as always – if one of our crafts inspires you, be sure to share it on our Facebook page. We love seeing our inspiration come to life and can’t wait to admire your popsicle stick gingerbread men puppets!
- Popsicle Stick Party Hats
- Popsicle Stick Angels
- Handprint Christmas Napkins
- Potato Stamped Ornaments
- Popsicle Stick Snowflake Wreath
- Paint Splat Gingerbread Man
- Holly Wreath Printable
- Potato Stamped Reindeer
- Charlie Brown Tree Keepsake
- Wooden Spoon Gingerbread Man
- Ice Cream Cone Snowman