This simple paper and popsicle stick yellow sunshine craft is perfect for kids of all ages! It’s a great way to celebrate a beautiful day together!
Sunshine Craft Idea For Kids
It’s that time of year when new life buds, birds start singing and everything around us just feels a little bit brighter!
This latest easy craft idea from Glued To My Crafts, is sure to bring joy and delight as you work together turning simple materials into a masterpiece representing the warm season ahead. With its bright colors and cheerful look, it will be a cherished memento in years to come.
So on that note, it’s time to start! Everything you need to know, along with a provided free printable, can be found below. Just gather your supplies and start! Happy crafting, my friends!!!
Make some sunny day fun with this adorable yellow sun and cloud craft! Just grab some sticks, glue, and paper, then let the kids get creative!
- Cloud Printable
- Color Printer
- White Cardstock Paper
- Blue Cardstock Paper
- Yellow Cardstock Paper
- Basic Craft Scissors
- School Glue
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks – four per craft
- Yellow Paint Crayon
- Small Wiggle Eyes
- Black Sharpie Marker
- optional embellishments such as white tissue paper, glitter glue, rhinestones etc.
RELATED —> Chalk Art Sunshine Craft
- First make sure you print out the cloud template listed above in the supply list.
- Go ahead and print it out on a single sheet of white cardstock. You only need one print per popsicle stick sunshine craft.
- Using your paper scissors, trim out the cloud shape in the printable.
- Discard excess paper.
- Now grab your sheet of blue cardstock and school glue.
- Adhere the cloud shape into the center of the blue paper. If desired, cut out some white tissue paper into small squares and cover the cloud for more dimension/an extra crafty step.
- Next up – grab your four jumbo popsicle sticks and yellow paint crayon.
- Go ahead and “paint” one side of each stick completely yellow.
- Set those aside to allow them to dry a bit.
- Now grab your yellow cardstock paper and scissors.
- Cut out a small circle to be the center of the sun.
- Use the wiggle eyes and Sharpie marker to make it “smiling” sun.
- Finally – the last step! Go ahead and glue your four yellow painted popsicle sticks into a “star burst” shape on the cloud design..
- Follow that up with the yellow paper circle on top of the popsicle sticks to make a sun.
- Then add any other embellishments you see fit.
- And that’s it! Display your “smiling sunshine cloud” piece proudly for all to see and enjoy!!
RELATED —> Sunshine Cupcake Toppers
If you are looking for even MORE easy kid craft ideas that are perfect for ANY day of the year, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below!
All of which are my personal favorites and would pair nicely with today’s popsicle stick sunshine craft!!
- Paper Handprint Owl Hug
- Paper Handprint Giraffe
- Cute Mouse and Cheese Craft
- At The End Of The Rainbow Craft
- Paper Doily Sunshine
- You Are My Sunshine Keepsake
- Bright Day Gift Tag Printable
- Washi Tape Sunshine Card
- Dad You Are My Sunshine