Our Popsicle Stick Hibernating Bear tutorial is a budget-friendly winter art project, that uses inexpensive materials and simple techniques that even the youngest can recreate.
Today we are going to create a fun “bear hibernating in a craft stick cave” art piece that is perfect for a winter lesson plan or just because moments!
Keep scrolling for the full how-to on Glued To My Crafts and get ready for a fun crafter-noon with your child, thanks to us!
Hibernating Bear Popsicle Stick Craft Idea
When the weather gets cold, we ALL want to hibernate at home. But we all know this can cause us to go a little stir crazy too.
So if you find yourself with a bored child at home this winter season, why not break out the craft supplies and recreate today’s hibernating bear craft tutorial from us!
Not only is this a great craft idea to beat the boredom blues but you could also throw in some fun facts, a hibernation lesson plan and/or some story time in the mix, to really make it a whole day of fun!
Our craft stick hibernating bear project is just one those projects that your little one will be happy to recreate and display in your home proudly. They can even change up the brown bear to be a red fox, an owl, a hedgehog – whatever their crafty heart wants to put inside their popsicle stick cave. The choice is theirs and we hope we inspire it today!
So without further ado – don’t fall asleep on this one! Let’s hop on board for a great afternoon of crafting with your child! Simply grab some jumbo popsicle sticks, sheets of cardstock, cotton balls and some glue to recreate your own popsicle stick hibernation creation. You can find ALL the details in the full tutorial below!
Happy crafting, my dear friends and please don’t forget to share pictures of your craft stick bear caves with us on our Facebook page! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!! #gluedtomycrafts
Our Popsicle Stick Hibernating Bear craft is a budget-friendly winter art project, that uses simple materials & easy techniques that anyone can recreate!
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- School Glue
- Brown Craft Paint
- Foam Paint Brush
- Small Paper Plate
- White Cotton Balls
- Gray Cardstock Paper
- Brown Cardstock Paper
- Paper Craft Scissors
- Small Leaf Table-Scatter
- First things first – grab your THREE jumbo popsicle sticks and glue them together in a simple triangle formation.
- Set it aside to allow it to dry a bit. Repeat for each bear cave you want to create.
- When dry enough to touch, grab your popsicle stick shape, craft paint, paper plate and paint brush.
- Squirt some brown craft paint on the paper plate.
- Use the paint brush to paint one side of the popsicle stick triangle shape completely brown.
- Next – grab your cotton balls and school glue, again.
- Glue a line of “snow” on top of the popsicle stick shape. I found that tearing the cotton balls apart and making them smaller, worked better for this craft.
- Next up – glue a few of the decorative leaves on top of the snow, to tie the theme together.
- Once done, set it aside to allow it to dry completely.
- Now grab your sheets of cardstock and scissors.
- Cut out a large triangle from the gray cardstock, that will fit inside the painted popsicle stick shape.
- Out of the brown cardstock, you are going to cut out a half circle body and a large circle, with ears for the bear’s head.
- Use the black Sharpie marker to draw on a sleeping face for the bear.
- When ready – it’s time to assemble! Grab all your paper pieces, popsicle stick shape and school glue.
- Start off my gluing the bear pieces to the gray triangle shape.
- Then take the gray triangle shape and glue it to the back of the painted popsicle stick shape.
- Follow that up with any other embellishments you see fit.
- Then allow it to dry completely before you display your popsicle stick snowy bear cave creation proudly in your home!
- Don’t forget to share pictures with us on your social media sites! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Fork Painted Polar Bear
When the season inspires you – you get creative! At Glued To My Crafts we have built quite a collection of winter themed tutorials!
We really pride ourselves on having the best and EASIEST ideas on the web!
My personal favorites are our Christmas Fairy House, Christmas Tree Gnomes and Craft Stick Marshmallow Friends craft tutorials!