Rake up those fall memories with today’s Popsicle Stick Scarecrow Puppets kid craft idea. It’s super easy to make and each one can be customized to fit a specific theme, favorite color or style!
Scarecrow Puppets Made From Craft Sticks
You can’t help but LOVE today’s scarecrow themed art project. A real scarecrow might scare away outsiders in the fields but our fun craft tutorial will not! These friendly friends are just too adorable to do that, don’t you think?!
Our Popsicle Stick Scarecrow Puppet idea will let you create one-of-a-kind fall decorations, as well as making awesome memories while crafting with your children & grand children. We have made it super easy with this autumn themed tutorial and we really hope to inspire you to recreate it this October!
When you are done building your wood and paper scarecrow friends, you can stick them in a flower pot as decor, add a magnet to the back to display on the fridge and/or play with them like puppets. So many possibilities, I just hope to spark the start of the creativity within you right now!
Now what are you waiting for?! These are popsicle stick scarecrows that are too cute to scare and will become a fall favorite of yours in no time! Find all the details below and create one of your own today!
Happy crafting, my friends! Be sure to share pictures of your “not scary” craft stick scarecrow friends with us! You can always tag us on Facebook for easy sharing! I seriously can’t wait to see your scarecrow popsicle stick craft in action! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Paper Bag Scarecrow
Looking for a fun craft to do with the kids this autumn season? Check out our popsicle stick scarecrow puppets! They’re super easy to make and so cute to add to your fall craft plans!
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Brown Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- School Glue
- Cardstock Paper
- Scrapbook Paper
- Paper Craft Scissors
- Black Sharpie Marker
- First grab TWO of your jumbo popsicle sticks, the paint brush and the brown craft paint.
- Paint each craft stick completely brown and set them aside for later.
- Next grab your three remaining popsicle sticks and glue them together to look like a triangle. These sticks will stay nude in color.
- Set aside the triangle shape to let it dry a bit.
- Repeat the above steps for each scarecrow piece you want to make.
- While your popsicle stick shape is drying, choose a sheet of patterned scrapbook paper for inside your scarecrow.
- Cut out a large triangle out of it, that will fit inside the popsicle stick design you just made. This will be the body of your scarecrow friend and be the inside of the dress shape, as well. Set aside.
- Now grab your remaining cardstock paper and cut out a circular head, hat brim and anything else you think your scarecrow needs.
- Draw on facial characteristics on the head with a black marker.
- When the popsicle stick triangle shape is dry enough, glue all the paper pieces you just made, in their designated spots.
- To finish off the Popsicle Stick Scarecrow Friends – glue the TWO painted popsicle sticks to the BACK of the decorated triangle shape to make arms and the stick that holds the puppet together. See our picture for an example.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit like glitter, stickers, sequins etc.
- When done, set it all aside in an undisturbed area so it can dry completely before you display it proudly!
- Don’t forget to take pictures and tag us on your social media sites! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Handprint Scarecrow Hair
We deliver the BEST kids craft tutorials on the internet! I would like to think we have some fall favorites on the internet!
Don’t believe me? Just check out our popular Popsicle Stick Cheerleader, Leaf Butterfly In Jar, and Pumpkin Spice Latte Cups kids crafts to see what I’m talking about! All three of which are absolutely perfect for fall crafting plans AND they would pair nicely with today’s popsicle stick scarecrow craft – hint hint!