Enjoy the beauty of fall with our latest 3-D Leaf Butterfly In Jar kid craft idea! There will be something AMAZING in every jar your child makes! We even have a free printable to make this art project seamless today!
Fall Inspired Butterfly In Jar Craft
Your child will be thrilled to “capture” their own leaf butterfly in our latest kid craft tutorial. You can either use inexpensive plastic leaves from a store like Dollar Tree OR get yourself out in nature and go on a hunt for the PERFECT leaves for your butterfly!
If you like butterflies as much as we do around here, this 3-D paper craft idea will have the kids asking for more. Not only is our DIY fall themed craft idea super fun and extra colorful, but little ones will get the opportunity to “capture” the perfect butterfly made by them!
I had a vision and I hope you like it! Although I’m marketing this as an awesome craft idea to make this fall season, I sure hope you are inspired to bookmark our post and recreate it ANY DAY of the year! Remember – you can easily change out the colors and even materials to make it fit any theme, holiday or season!
Now find all the details below so you and your child can “capture” your own fall creativity in your home! Happy crafting. my dear friends!
RELATED —> Flowers In Mason Jar Card
Unleash your child’s creativity and make something beautiful! Follow our 3-D Leaf Butterfly In Jar tutorial below and start creating today.
- FREE Mason Jar Printable
- White Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Paper Craft Scissors
- Glue Stick or School Glue
- Colored Cardstock Paper
- Decorative Plastic Fall Leaves
- Wooden Scoop Sticks
- Sharpie Markers
- First things first – download and print the FREE mason jar template listed above, on white cardstock paper. You need ONE print per butterfly craft. Print as many as you like!
- Now grab your scissors.
- Trim out the mason jar shape from the printable you just printed. Discard excess paper.
- Now glue the mason jar design to the center of another piece of paper.
- Grab two of your decorative leaves.
- Glue them, just like butterfly wings, in the center of your mason jar design.
- Follow that up by gluing the wooden scoop stick to the center of the leaves, to complete the butterfly.
- Grab your Sharpie markers and draw on a face, antenna etc.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Now display your Mason Jar With Leaf Butterfly Inside proudly for ALL to see!
- Don’t forget to snap some pics and share them with us, as well! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Paper Plate Leaf
If you are searching for the PERFECT fall kid craft idea to make this season, Glued To My Crafts has several! No joke – we have you COVERED with so many unique ideas! Today’s Leaf Butterfly In Jar tutorial is just the TIP of the iceberg!
In fact, we have so many autumn themed posts using decorative leaves, we have a hard time just picking one to share with you all right now. So be sure to check out our Plastic Leaf Crafts For Kids for TONS of easy ideas! Caution – there are so many easy tutorials in that particular post, you might be addicted to completing them all! Which is perfectly fine by us 🙂
We also have a Facebook community group that we would LOVE you to be part of! Come join the crafty chit chat today and maybe even share pictures when you recreate today’s 3-D butterfly in jar project! Hint hint!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Butterfly