Brighten up your kiddos’ day with this sparkly and fun corn suncatcher craft! Watch the little ones have a blast adding their creative touch to these unique decorations!
Stained Glass Corn – Kids Craft Idea For Fall
It’s a quick-to-make art project idea, that is perfect to add to your fall and/or Thanksgiving craft plans! All you need is white cardstock, clear contact paper and tissue paper squares to “grow” it on your kitchen table today!
Whether in the comfort of your home or in the classroom with a large group, I can easily see this corn suncatcher craft idea being done within a matter of minutes, especially since I’m providing a FREE “corn cob” shape printable in the tutorial below.
So on that note, are you ready to make your own yellow corn stained glass creations with your child today? Find all the details, the free file and of course a few example pictures below! I really do hope I inspired you to give it a try with your little one this afternoon!
Happy crafting, my dear friends! Please don’t forget to share pictures with us of your finished stained glass yellow corn creations on our Facebook page! We can’t wait to see your mosaic corn designs in action! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Thumbprint Fall Tree Cards
With just a few simple items, you and your kids can create beautiful masterpieces of art that will brighten up any window!
- Corn Printable – on our landing page
- Color Printer
- White Cardstock Paper
- Crayons, Coloring Pencils or Markers
- Clear Contact Paper
- Basic Craft Scissors
- Loose Craft Glitter
- Orange and Yellow Tissue Paper
RELATED —> Fork Painted Candy Corn
- First download and print the FREE corn shape printable listed above.
- Use your choice of coloring material to color in the husk of the design.
- Next up – use scissors to trim out the corn shape, as well as the center of it.
- Now grab your contact paper and cut two pieces the same length.
- Take off the protective paper off one and lay it on a flat surface.
- Lay your paper cutout on top of the contact paper, face down so it sticks.
- Go ahead and at this time, sprinkle a small amount of loose craft glitter in the inside the shape.
- Now grab your yellow & orange tissue paper and cut it into small squares.
- Have your child place it on the contact paper, inside the design, to make a beautiful mosaic piece.
- Once done, grab the other piece of contact paper and remove it’s protective sheet.
- Then lay it on top of the other piece and press firmly, making sure every corner is stuck together.
- To finish off the Stained Glass Corn Cob, use your scissors to trim out the design.
- Then use some tape to display it proudly on a window or on a fridge!
RELATED —> Candy Corn Flowers
Do you love our Mosaic Corn Suncatcher craft idea? Then be sure to also check out our Clay Acorn Magnet and Popsicle Stick Corn craft posts!
Both of which are super great DIYs for kids to give a try this fall!!!