Get creative and make some bright and beautiful butterflies with just a clothespin and some popsicle sticks!
These easy clothespin butterflies are perfect for kids to make this spring! Learn how to make them with a handful of materials and steps!
- Wooden Clothespins
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Paint Pens or Craft Paint
- School Glue
- Kid Friendly Craft Scissors
- Cardstock Paper
- First paint your clothespin and popsicle sticks however you like! You will want one clothespin and one popsicle stick PER butterfly craft.
- When done painting, set them aside to allow them to dry completely.
- While those are drying, grab your cardstock and cut a pair of antennas per butterfly.
- To finish off the Clothespin Popsicle Stick Butterfly craft, have children “pinch” the jumbo popsicle stick in between the clothespin to make the butterflies’ wings.
- Follow that up by helping them glue their cardstock antenna piece on the other end.
- Then draw on some eyes to give it life before playing and/or displaying proudly!!!
RELATED —> Wooden Spoon Butterflies
If you are looking for even MORE easy kid craft ideas, from Glued To My Crafts be sure to check out these fun posts listed below.
- Wooden Spoon Butterfly
- Wooden Spoon Chef
- Cherry Blossom Popcorn Tree
- Handprint Flowerpot
- Egg Carton Tree Craft
- Clothespin Bunnies
- Handprint Butterfly Keepsake
- Clothespin Butterflies
- Sidewalk Chalk Butterfly