Let your child practice their fine motor skills with today’s SUPER SIMPLE Pipe Cleaner Carrots On Paper kids craft idea!
It’s the perfect art project idea to add to your spring and Easter celebrations!
Carrot Craft Idea For Kids
Kids will love making these engaging pieces and adults won’t fret over the process or price! Then display your pipe cleaner masterpieces as is or maybe turn them into cards for easy gifting. Whatever direction you decide to take this garden craft idea, we hope your little “bunnies” enjoy making it with you!
So on that note, are you ready to make it happen in your home today?! Then keep scrolling to find the full tutorial below! Happy crafting my friends!
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Carrots
Orange and green pipe cleaners turn into carrots with ease! Just follow our simple tutorial below to see how to recreate it in your home today!
- Orange Pipe Cleaners
- Green Pipe Cleaners
- Basic Craft Scissors
- Brown Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Tan Cardstock Paper
- Tacky Glue
RELATED —> Styrofoam Cup Carrot
- First things first – we are going to work on the pipe cleaner carrot, the most important step! Take your single orange pipe cleaner, make a slight oval shape and fold/connect the two ends of the pipe cleaner, so they don’t come apart.
- Now bend/pull your orange pipe cleaner to make a carrot shape. Set aside.
- Next grab your TWO green pipe cleaners.
- Cut them in half with scissors. Fold/twist them and attach them to the orange pipe cleaner carrot shape, to give the look of the greenery for the carrot. See our picture for example.
- Once done, set your carrot aside.
- Now grab your tan cardstock paper and brown paint. Have children paint some “dirt” on the cardstock paper.
- Next is the tacky glue. Go ahead and put a good amount of tacky glue on one side of the pipe cleaner carrot.
- Lay your carrot on top of the newly painted tan cardstock.
- Set aside your piece in an undisturbed area, to allow the glue to dry completely. If the pipe cleaner doesn’t want to stick, add more glue or get the glue gun out to really secure it.
- Once done, display proudly!
RELATED —> Pipe Cleaner Spring Flower Cards
We’ve hatched some creative ideas on Glued To My Crafts! Be sure to check out these fun posts, listed below, for even more crafty inspiration to make this spring season!!!
- Paper Plate Carrot House
- Craft Foam Egg Easter Friends
- Handprint Paper Bag Carrot
- Footprint Carrots Keepsake
- Paper Plate Carrot Race Car
- Thumbprint Carrot Cards
- Paper Plate Spring Scene
- Dirt Pudding Cups
- Popsicle Stick Carrot House
- Tissue Paper Carrot Craft