Looking for a fun and easy kids craft idea? Look no further than this adorable unicorn craft!
Made with just paper and pipe cleaners, it’s perfect for a magical afternoon spent crafting with your child.
Let their imagination run wild as they bring this delightful creature to life.
This magical unicorn craft is perfect for kids. It’s easy to make and requires only a few basic supplies.
Your child will love bringing this colorful unicorn to life. Let’s get started!
Create some extra special and magical craft time with your child today with our “U” is for Unicorn kid craft idea!!!
Sticky glue and rainbow colored pipe cleaners come together to make a one-of-a-kind paper unicorn piece within minutes! It’s perfect for craft time AND reinforcing the letter “U” in the classroom! Super perfect, right?!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s grab those craft supplies, download the free provided file and get to work on making a “mystical” piece today! You can find ALL the details you need to know, in the full tutorial below!
Happy crafting, my friends! Please don’t forget to share pictures of your child’s finished paper “U” unicorn with us by tagging us Instagram to see it! I can’t wait to see how MAGICAL it turns out! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED: Chalk Art Unicorn and Valentine Unicorn
If you’re looking for a new unicorn craft idea for kids, look no further!
This paper and pipe cleaner craft is easy to make and perfect for parties or rainy days.
- “U” PRINTABLE – on our landing page
- White Cardstock Paper
- Colored Cardstock Paper
- Gold Cardstock Paper
- Pipe Cleaners
- Thick Craft Glue
- Large Wiggle Eyes
- Basic Craft Scissors
- Colored Markers
- First things first – download and print the “U” shape printable. You need “U” printout per unicorn craft.
- Next go ahead and cut out the “U” shape from the printable.
- Before you discard the remaining white cardstock paper, go ahead and cut out an oval shaped head for your unicorn.
- Next grab your choice of color cardstock paper.
- Start off by gluing down the “U” shape in the center.
- Follow that with the head shape on one of the tips of the U design.
- Finish off the paper craft steps by cutting out a small triangle unicorn horn out of the gold glitter and gluing it on as well.
- Now you are ready for the unicorn’s hair! Grab your scissors and pipe cleaners.
- Cut out several 2-3 inches for the tail and mane of the unicorn.
- To finish off your paper unicorn craft – have children glue their pipe cleaners in place, along with any other embellishments they like on the cardstock piece.
- Add a wiggle eye so it can see and draw on a smile, before displaying it proudly for all to see!!!
RELATED —> Paper “U” is for Universe
Don’t let the crafty unicorn magic stop here! There’s more to be made!
Love this paper and pipe cleaner unicorn idea? Be sure to check out our Popsicle Stick Unicorn kid craft idea as well! It will pair nicely with today’s tutorial!