We are turning simple supplies into an “U” Is for Universe piece where kids can make their own version of what the galaxy should look like! Keep scrolling for ALL the details, as well the free provided printable!
Universe Craft Idea For Kids
This latest paper craft idea from Glued To My Crafts was actually inspired by some leftover stickers I had from our Paint Splat Moon tutorial from last year.
After thinking long and hard on what I could use them up on, this “U” is for Universe kid craft idea was born.
But wait – there’s more! Since I love to make it super simple for our readers to recreate our tutorials, there’s even a FREE universe cutout printable for you to download, print and use!
Paper and various embellishments come together to make a unique and one-of-a-kind universe piece within minutes! Perfect for craft time AND reinforcing the letter “U” in the classroom!
Sounds amazing, right?! So what are you waiting for? Let’s grab those craft supplies and get to work on making this paper universe craft piece today!
Happy crafting, my friends! Please don’t forget to share pictures with us! You can ALWAYS tag us on Instagram for easy sharing. I can’t wait to see what you both create! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> “U” Is For Unicorn
With just a few simple supplies, you and your kids can make your own outer space galaxy. It’s a fun craft that is perfect for learning about the universe too. Let your imagination run wild and see what kind of galaxy you can create!
- Universe Printable – on our landing page
- White Cardstock Paper
- Gray Cardstock Paper
- Choice of Coloring Medium
- Paper Craft Scissors
- Glue Stick and/or Tape Runner Adhesive
- Outer-space Stickers
- First things first. We are going to print out the FREE universe cutout file listed above. You only need ONE print per craft.
- If desired, use your choice of coloring medium to color in “U” in the printable. Add as much or as little color as you like to really customize it.
- Once done decorating it, use scissors to trim out the U shape.
- Discard excess paper.
- Grab a single sheet of gray cardstock paper and choice of adhesive.
- Go ahead and glue the cutout to the center of your colored cardstock.
- Follow that up by adding your stickers and other embellishments that you see fit to really make it your own.
- Then display your paper universe masterpiece proudly for all to see!
RELATED —> Moon Dough Slime Recipe
Don’t let the crafty fun stop here!!!
Love this paper universe craft idea? Be sure to check out our Handprint Astronaut Keepsake kids craft idea as well! Another fun one to pair with the “space” theme.