Bring the magic of winter inside with this adorable melted snowman craft made from craft foam and felt. Your kids will love making these sweet memories!
Felt and Craft Foam Melted Snowman Activity
The weather is still cold outside BUT don’t let that fact be an excuse to be bored indoors!
There is ALWAYS a good reason to get crafty and make special memories with your child, that will melt away the boredom, as well as heart forever. On that note, I have the perfect winter kids craft idea for you to recreate and it’s titled Craft Foam and Felt Melted Snowman craft project. We are somewhat “wishing the snowy weather away” with this one since our snowmen will be PUDDLES in the end!
That’s right – the RULES! Just like building a snowman, the aftermath doesn’t have to be perfect either. Let kids explore their creative side while they make their own one-of-a-kind melted mess!
You can find ALL the details you need to know about this melted snowman craft made from craft foam & felt below! Happy crafting, my friends! Don’t forget to tag us on your social media sites once you complete this tutorial. You can find us on Instagram and Facebook these days. We can’t wait to see your adorable “felt and craft foam puddles” of melted snowmen! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Potato Stamped Snowman Card
Melted Snowman Craft Idea For Kids
Looking for a fun and easy craft project to do with your kids? Check out this melted snowman made from felt and craft foam!
- White Craft Felt Sheet
- Black Craft Felt Sheet
- Tan Craft Felt Sheet
- Foam Craft Marshmallows
- Felt Tacky Glue
- Sharpie Paint Pens
- Basic Craft Scissors
- To begin the felt melted snowman craft, have children paint their snowman’s face on the foam marshmallows. Use a paint brush to paint black dots for the eyes/mouth and orange for a carrot nose.
- Set aside to let that dry completely. Repeat for each snowman you want to make today.
- To begin the melted snowman craft, have children paint their snowman’s face on the foam marshmallows. Use a paint brush to paint black dots for the eyes/mouth and orange for a carrot nose.
- Again, set aside to let that dry completely. Repeat for each snowman.
- Grab your brown and black felt. Go ahead and cut out other embellishments for your snowman. We did a simple black hat, black dots for buttons and brown sticks for the arms. You are more than welcome to do more or less!
- Now you are ready for the assembling. Grab your glue and start gluing your pieces to the white melted cutout. Feel free to arrange and glue down however you like.
- At this point in time, you can also add other embellishments (glitter, rhinestones, sequins, etc.) to your snowman design.
- Once done, set it all aside to let it dry completely before displaying proudly!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Sleeping Bear
If you are looking for even MORE winter themed kid craft ideas, from Glued To My Crafts, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below.
And “if” you decide to make today’s felt and craft foam melted snowman kids craft idea, please share a picture on our Facebook page for us to see. We love seeing our inspiration come to life and can’t wait to hear from you!
- Stained Glass Snowmen
- Bubble Wrap Snowy Tree
- Snowman Sensory Bin
- Cotton Ball Melted Snowman
- Snowman Playdough
- Terra Cotta Pot Snowman
- Paint Splat Melted Snowman
- Cotton Ball Snowman
- Popsicle Stick Snowman Puppet
- Cotton Pad Snowman Puppets
- Flat Clothespin Snowmen Puppets