This easy muffin cup flower craft is perfect for a rainy day! All you need are some cupcake liners to get started!
This activity encourages little ones to use their imaginations as they build custom blooms with endless combinations of color and petal shapes – let them go wild!
Get ready to have some crafty fun with this simple yet impactful project that will spark creativity while keeping the mess at a minimum – win-win!
Super Easy Flower Craft For Kids
Today’s paper kids craft idea goes perfectly with the saying “they grow like weeds!” I’m talking about kids – that is!
This morning I measured my son and he has grown nearly an inch since his birthday in February.
I think he is playing catch up since he’s been a shortie since birth. I still can’t believe how fast he is growing! Can we slow it down a bit?
Anyways, back to the toddler friendly craft idea I’m sharing with you all today. We are going to turn your child’s face into a flower.
Well… not literally, silly!
We are going to use some basic items you probably already have in your home, to make a cute flower themed craft. I call it the “Paper Muffin Cup Flower.” This craft can be created all year long or even be turned into a last minute Mother’s Day gift, as well. Plus it’s super easy, even for the littlest in your home to recreate!
So enough chit chat from me – let’s grab our supplies, check out the full cupcake liner flower craft tutorial below and make your own with your little one today! Happy crafting, my friends!!!
RELATED: Paper Flower and Poem and Flower Chalk Art
Today we’re going to be making an adorable muffin cup flower craft. It is perfect for both young and older children alike, requires minimal supplies and brings out their creative spirit.
- Large Cupcake Liners
- Cardstock Paper
- School Glue or Glue Stick
- Printed Picture
- optional – Paper Craft Punch
- First pick out a few muffin cups you want to use for the flower part. You can use as many as you like. I decided to use four, different colored cups for mine. Just make sure they all stack together nicely.
- Then if you like, flatten them slightly with your hand and secure them all together with a little bit of glue, in between each. This is the flower bud of the craft.
- Next up – cut out a flower stem and leaves out of your green cardstock paper.
- Secure those pieces to another piece of different colored cardstock.
- Now secure the stacked muffin cup piece from earlier, to the top of the flower stem piece.
- Next grab your large paper punch or craft scissors & cut your child’s face out of the printed picture. You want it to fit nicely in the circle part of the muffin cup. Go ahead and secure it in place.
- Finally – add a few heart stickers around the finished cupcake liner flower piece and maybe write a sweet message around it as well. Wouldn’t this be great to add the date in the corner, along with you child’s age & height to go with the saying “They grow like weeds!“
RELATED —> Paint Splat Tulip