Who said crafting had to be hard? With this simple paper plate smart cookie craft you can get creative in no time!
Smart Cookie Craft Idea For Kids
Have you been searching for that special project to celebrate your little one’s preschool or kindergartner graduation?
Are you looking for a fun and creative way to show off their accomplishment with something meaningful? Look no further because we’ve got the perfect idea – a Paper Plate Smart Cookie craft tutorial!
Not only will this craft make a wonderful piece to show off in your home or on a classroom bulletin board, but it also gives kids an opportunity to customize and express themselves in a very playful and artistic way.
So on that note, let your child channel his/her inner artist while making a memento they can be proud of! Find everything you need to know, in the full tutorial below!
RELATED —> Graduation Owl Keepsake
It’s time to celebrate your little one and what better way than with a super easy craft idea?!
- Small Paper Plates – two per craft
- Black Craft Paint
- Dark Brown Craft Paint
- Large Paint Brush
- Large Pom Pom
- Wood Clothespin
- White Cardstock Paper
- Mini Graduation Hat Printable
- Crayons, Markers or Coloring Pencils
RELATED —> Graduation Emoji
- First things first – go ahead and squirt some brown craft paint in the center of one of the small paper plates.
- Use a large paint brush to paint the entire plate brown.
- Next up – create your “stamper” by pinching a single pom pom inside the wood clothespin.
- Now squirt some black craft paint on the second small paper plate.
- Use your newly made stamper to make a few “chocolate chips” on the brown painted paper plate.
- When done, set that aside the “cookie” for a bit.
- Now grab your print out and choice of coloring material.
- Color in ONE of the graduation hat designs on the paper.
- When done, trim it out with scissors.
- To finish off the Paper Plate Smart Cookie craft – staple the hat cutout to the painted paper plate.
- Then let it dry completely before you display it proudly for all to see!
RELATED —> Class of Apple Keepsake
Are you by chance looking for a few more craft ideas that are geared towards the graduation and end of school year season? Maybe you need something to pair with today’s smart cookie paper plate craft tutorial?
Then be sure to check out our super popular year flew by keepsake, graduation applesauce cups snack idea and graduation owl keepsake craft posts! All of which are really nice to continue today’s theme! Remember – time flies so be sure to check them out now! Have fun! #gluedtomycrafts