Try something new with your winter crafting plans and delve into this awesome “cotton ball snowman cupcake” craft tutorial from Glued To My Crafts!
Snowman Cotton Ball Cupcake
Welcome to our latest tutorial on Glued To My Crafts. We’re staying warm this winter season by sharing today’s unique cotton ball and paper snowman cupcake craft idea, that includes a FREE PRINTABLE in the post as well!
After downloading and printing our free file, all you need is a handful of white cotton balls, thick tacky glue and craft felt scraps. Very basic materials you might use for a regular snowman craft these days BUT we are taking it up a notch and “baking” cupcakes instead!
So without further ado, hopefully this creative snowman cupcake craft idea will help your child create some awesome pieces to show off on the fridge today. I’m also pretty sure this idea is going to be a hit in your home and you will want to join in on the fun as well! Hopefully it’s a sweet idea to add to your holiday plans this weekend!
RELATED —> Puffy Paint Cupcake Craft
Follow our step-by-step tutorial for a cute, easy wintertime cupcake craft idea.
- Cupcake Printable – on box.com
- Color Printer
- Light Blue or Gray Cardstock Paper
- White Cotton Balls
- Black Craft Felt
- Orange Craft Felt
- Kid Scissors
- Thick Tacky Glue
- Small Snowflake or Christmas Stickers
- Brown or Black Sharpie Marker
RELATED —> Cotton Ball Bunny Cupcake
- First print the free cupcake printable listed in the supply list above. You will want to print it out on either a light shade of blue or gray cardstock paper so the white cotton balls POP from the craft.
- Next have children put a good amount of school glue in the area that is on top of the cupcake liner design on the printable.
- Have children place their white cotton balls on top of the glue, until they have the desired look for their cupcake. They can make their cotton ball snowman frosting as tall or as thin as they like!
- To finish off the Cotton Ball Snowman Cupcake kid craft, have children cut out a hat and a nose from the craft felt. Glue those pieces on top of the attached cotton balls.
- At this point in time they can also add some small holidays stickers to the cupcake to really tie the theme together. I added some tiny snowflake stickers and a candy cane to mine for the “sprinkles.”
- To finish off the craft, draw on two sets of arms coming from the frosting.
- When done crafting, allow it all to dry completely before you display it proudly for ALL to see!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Snowman House
Q: What is Frosty the Snowman’s favorite cereal?
A: Ice Crispies.
Q: Where do snowmen get the weather report?
A: The winter-net.
Q: How does Frosty the Snowman get around the neighborhood?
A: On his ice-icle.
RELATED —> Cotton Pad Snowman Puppets
Snowman crafts are super popular during the winter months and during Christmas vacation when kids are bored inside.
These tutorials listed below are sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face!