Get creative with your holiday decorations this year! Make these adorable melted snowmen ornaments out of modeling clay for a unique addition to your tree – the possibilities are endless!
Clay Snowmen Ornament
With today’s Clay Melted Snowmen Ornament craft tutorial, you are sure to have some crafty fun AND some wonderful pieces to show off on the Christmas tree this year! PLUS with it being COLD outside, this is the perfect time to bring the fun IN!
So on note – make memories with your child that will melt your heart with today’s adorable Modeling Clay Christmas Ornament craft project. Our simple snowman Christmas ornament craft tutorial you don’t have to worry about the bitter cold, the wet slushy mess outside or even the rules.
That’s right – the RULES! Just like building a snowman, the aftermath doesn’t have to be perfect either. Let kids explore their creative side while they make their own one-of-a-kind melted mess! Not only is this snowman Christmas ornament craft idea super duper easy for *anyone* to make but it is also an inexpensive way to keep those kiddos busy during those chilly winter days ahead!
So what are you waiting for?! Go gather up your supplies and let’s get crafting! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Thumbprint Heart Magnets
Snowman Christmas Ornaments
These adorable little snowmen ornaments are made from modeling clay and melted down to create a fun, crafty decoration for your tree!
- Crayola White Model Magic Clay
- Orange/Black Puffy Paint
- Large Cookie Sheet
- String or Ribbon
RELATED —> Clay Unicorn Magnets
- First things first – take about an inch of white clay in between your hands and roll it into a ball.
- Splat” it with your fingers to create the snowman puddle. It doesn’t need to be perfect either. Thickness depends on you.
- Repeat for each snowman ornament you want to make today.
- Now lay your flattened pieces on a clean cookie sheet.
- One by one, take your orange & black puffy paint and paint on “snowman” embellishments like a hat, nose, dots for the mouth etc. on the clay pieces. You can also draw on other embellishments you see fit.
- Once done, and before you set them aside to dry, be sure to use the straw to make a “hole” on the top of the clay piece.
- Now set aside your cookie sheet covered in melted snowmen, in an undisturbed area to allow the clay to air dry for a few days. If need be – flip the snowman pieces over once a day, so it dries evenly on each side.
- When they are completely dry – it’s time for the string! Simply cut off a piece of string, thread it through the hole and tie off.
- Then display proudly for ALL to see!!!
RELATED —> Mama Bear Magnets
If you are looking for even MORE winter themed kid craft ideas, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below!
- Stained Glass Snowmen
- Bubble Wrap Snowy Tree
- Snowman Sensory Bin
- Snowman Busy Bag Tin
- Snowman Playdough
- Melted Snowman w/Cotton Balls
- Terra Cotta Pot Snowman
- Cotton Ball Snowman Cupcake
- Craft Foam Melted Snowman