Craft time with the kiddos just got even more fun! Create a turkey masterpiece using paper plates and ribbon, perfect for Thanksgiving.
Ribbon Feathers On A Paper Plate Turkey
Hi friends! Although everyone is focusing their attention on Halloween this weekend, Thanksgiving will be here before you know it! So on that note, it’s time to start planning and I’m so glad you landed on our latest Paper Plate & Ribbon Turkey craft tutorial!
To keep the little ones busy and entertained during your Thanksgiving events, why not let them make a fun turkey themed kid craft in honor of the special holiday?!
Don’t know where to start? Too much on your to-do list before the big day? No worries because with my latest kid craft post today on Glued To My Crafts, I’ll be showing YOU how simple it is to pull together this Ribbon Feathers & Turkey craft in no time! With it – you are sure to win the kiddie crowd over & have some beautiful artwork to show off later too!
Just check out the full tutorial below! Happy crafting my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your Scrap Ribbon & Paper Plate Turkey creations on our Facebook page for us to admire! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED: Doily Turkey Cards and Craft Stick Turkey Ballerinas
Get the kids ready for Thanksgiving with a fun paper plate & ribbon turkey craft idea!
- Paper Plate
- Brown Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Various Ribbon Scraps
- Red Cardstock Paper
- Orange Cardstock Paper
- Brown Cardstock Paper
- Wiggle Eyes
- School Glue
- First paint your paper plate completely brown. Simply squirt the brown paint in the center and move it around with the foam brush.
- When done, set it aside to let it dry completely.
- Next grab your various colors of ribbon scraps and scissors.
- Cut your ribbon into six inch long strips. You can do as much or as little as you like.
- Now go ahead and start stapling the ribbon pieces to the painted paper plate from earlier. Simply fold each ribbon piece in half, with your hands and staple the looped piece along the rim until you have the look you like. This will be the feather’s of the turkey.
- When done adding the ribbon pieces, set aside the paper plate till later.
- Now grab all your cardstock paper sheets and scissors again.
- Take your cardstock and cut out a large circle for the turkey’s head, as well as a triangle nose, legs and a red waddle.
- Piece the face together with some glue and add the wiggle eyes so he can see.
- To finish off your Paper Plate & Ribbon Turkey craft, simply staple/glue on your finished cardstock pieces to the front of your ribbon covered paper plate.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit. Remember, you can also bring out the glitter and rhinestones to really make it your own!
- When done, display it proudly for ALL to see!
RELATED —> Turkey Picture Frame
If you are looking for even more Thanksgiving themed kid crafts from Glued To My Crafts, be sure to check out the fun posts listed below.
And if you decide to make today’s Paper Plate and Ribbon Scrap Turkey art project tutorial or any of our inspiring crafts found on the blog – be sure to share a picture on our Facebook page for all of us to see & admire! #gluedtomycrafts