Inexpensive paper doilies make for the perfect starting point for some handmade Thanksgiving cards! Keep scrolling for the full how-to on these adorable and rather easy Paper Doily Turkey Cards.
Circular Doily Paper Turkey Cards For Thanksgiving
It’s that time of year again! It’s the season of being thankful for those who matter the most to us.
On that note – I have the perfect craft idea that is not only wow-worthy on the outside BUT can be in the inside, as well!
If you are like me, you may not be good at saying it in person but you are better at writing it down. With today’s latest turkey themed craft idea, you will have a beautiful handmade turkey card to share with friends and family & have a good alternative to getting the sentiment across. Not only will the lucky receiver appreciates the handmade touches and effort you put into it but they will also love the fact they can treasure the paper sentiment beyond just that one day.
And I might be a little bias – but I think the best of part of this turkey craft idea is the fact that kids can recreate it with ease, with little to no help. It’s just a matter of cutting, gluing and assembling!
Ultimately it’s the perfect excuse to get crafty AND write a hand-written note in honor of the season, thanking the people who the matter the most to you.
Cards not your thing? No worries! This Thanksgiving craft idea can also be altered a little and be used as name-cards on your beautiful dinner tables-cape! Just leave a little room in one corner of the card so you can write your guest’s name on it.
So friends – please don’t settle for store-bought cards this time of year! We highly encourage you to get crafty and make some one-of-a-kind paper doily turkey cards today! Find all the details below! Please don’t forget to snap a few pictures to share on our Facebook page before you give them away! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Handprint Turkey Cards
- Circle Paper Doilies
- Brown Cardstock Paper
- Red Cardstock Paper
- Yellow Cardstock Paper
- Pre-Folded Card Fronts
- Wiggle Eye Stickers
- Grab one of each size of the paper doilies. One 3.5 and one 4.5 inch doily per card.
- Stack them on top of each other, with the smaller one facing you.
- Use adhesive to adhere the two doilies to the front of your square card. This will be the feathers of the turkey.
- Next grab all your colored cardstock sheets and scissors.
- From the dark brown cardstock, cut out bowling pin shape for the turkey’s body.
- Out of the red and yellow, cut out his beak & waddle.
- Take those paper pieces and attach them to your doily piece, on the front of the card.
- Next adhere the wiggle eyes so your turkey can see.
- The final step – open up the card and write a sweet sentiment inside for the lucky receiver.
- Add other embellishments you see fit, like stickers, glitter, stamped embellishments etc.
- Finally – it’s time to your creation gift away!
- Besides the food, my friends and family are the most important part of a great Thanksgiving.
- May you and your family be blessed on Thanksgiving and throughout the rest of the year.
- I am thankful for good friends like you.
- May your belly be full and your heart full of joy!
- May the blessing of this season fill your home and hearts with happiness.
- Thanksgiving is just one short moment of the year. I have 365 days to be grateful for you.
- I’m thankful for people like you who give me a reason to be thankful.
- I am thankful for the excuse to see family like you at this time of the year.
- I am wishing many blessings to you this Thanksgiving. May we all realize the most important things for which to give thanks.
- I hope you are blessed with many reasons to be thankful this Thanksgiving.
RELATED —> Thankful To Be Stuck With You
I hope this paper doily Thanksgiving card idea brings you and the lucky receivers, the same happiness it brings me when I share these ideas! From the bottom of my heart, I’m thankful you are here on our website today!
If by chance you are looking for more crafty ideas to make this season with your child, please check out our popular Turkey Ballerinas, Chalk Art Turkey and Curling Ribbon Turkey Puppet craft posts!