Gobble, gobble my dear crafty friends! I’m so glad you landed on the Glued To My Crafts blog, to check out today’s Scoop Stick & Handprint Turkey Puppets kid craft tutorial!
These turkey puppets made from handprint cutouts are an EASY craft idea to tie into your holiday plans, in honor of Thanksgiving. With just some simple supplies you probably already have in your home and a little imagination – you too can make this handprint turkey puppets craft with your child in no time!
Whether you make them as an afternoon art project to pass the time or intend to use them as fall themed decorations – these turkeys are sure to be pretty cute in your home! You could even have your child make a few extra and place them on your Thanksgiving tables-cape as custom decor!
Now enough chit chat from me – are you ready for the simplest tutorial ever??? Let’s wobble over, grab our supplies and check out the FULL tutorial below!
Happy crafting, my friends! Please don’t forget to share pictures of your child’s finished craft stick turkey puppets with us on our Facebook page. It would make our day to see them in action! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED TURKEY THEMED CRAFTS: Curling Ribbon Turkey Puppets – Kid Craft and Two Handprint Turkey Keepsake Ideas – Thanksgiving Craft
Turkey Puppet Craft Supplies:
* Wooden Scoop Sticks – one per turkey puppet
* Brown Craft Paint
* Small Paint Brush
* Small Paper Plate
* Light Brown Cardstock Paper
* Kid Friendly Craft Scissors
* Small Loose Craft Sequins & Glitter
* Small Wiggle Eyes – two per turkey puppet
* Orange Cardstock Paper
* Red Cardstock Paper
* First things first – grab your scoop stick, along with the brown craft paint, paint brush and small paper plate.
* Squirt some paint on the paper plate and paint your wood craft piece completely brown. When done, set it aside to allow it to dry completely.
* Next up – grab your sheets of cardstock paper, the pencil and scissors.
* Trace your child’s hand on the light brown cardstock.
* Using the scissors, trim out the handprint design.
* Next have children decorate their handprint cutouts however they want. Lots of sparkles and feathers are highly encouraged!
* While your child is working on that, cut out a small nose and waddle from the remaining cardstock paper.
* When your child is done decorating their handprints, glue the wooden scoop to the front of the cutout. Follow that up by gluing on the wiggle eyes and tiny paper pieces to the front.
* Set aside to let it dry completely.
* Then display and/or play with proudly!
* Don’t forget to share pictures of your child’s handprint turkey puppets with us on your social media sites!! #gluedtomycrafts