Gobble, gobble my dear crafty friends! I’m so glad you landed on the Glued To My Crafts blog, to check out today’s Scoop Stick & Handprint Turkey Puppets kid craft tutorial!
Scoop Stick Turkey Puppets
These turkey puppets made from handprint cutouts are an EASY craft idea to tie into your holiday plans, in honor of Thanksgiving. With just some simple supplies you probably already have in your home and a little imagination – you too can make this handprint turkey puppets craft with your child in no time!
Whether you make them as an afternoon art project to pass the time or intend to use them as fall themed decorations – these turkeys are sure to be pretty cute in your home! You could even have your child make a few extra and place them on your Thanksgiving tables-cape as custom decoration!
Now enough chit chat from me – are you ready for the simplest tutorial ever??? Let’s wobble over, grab our supplies and check out the FULL tutorial below!
Happy crafting, my friends! Please don’t forget to share pictures of your child’s finished craft stick turkey puppets with us on our Facebook page. It would make our day to see them in action! #gluedtomycrafts
Get your kids in the Thanksgiving spirit with this fun and easy craft! Make these adorable turkey puppets out of handprint cutouts and wood scoop sticks.
- Wooden Scoop Sticks
- Brown Craft Paint
- Small Paint Brush
- Small Paper Plate
- Light Brown Cardstock Paper
- Craft Scissors
- Craft Sequins & Glitter
- Craft Feathers
- Small Wiggle Eyes
- Tacky Glue
- Orange Cardstock Paper
- Red Cardstock Paper
- First things first – grab your scoop stick, along with the brown craft paint, paint brush and small paper plate.
- Squirt some paint on the paper plate and paint your wood craft piece completely brown.
- When done, set it aside to allow it to dry completely.
- Next up – grab your sheets of cardstock paper, the pencil and scissors.
- Trace your child’s hand on the light brown cardstock.
- Using the scissors, trim out the handprint design.
- Next have children decorate their handprint cutouts however they want. Lots of sparkles and feathers are highly encouraged!
- While your child is working on that, cut out a small nose and waddle from the remaining cardstock paper.
- When your child is done decorating their handprints, glue the wooden scoop to the front of the cutout.
- Follow that up by gluing on the wiggle eyes and tiny paper pieces to the front.
- Set aside to let it dry completely.
- Then display and/or play with proudly!
- Don’t forget to share pictures of your child’s handprint turkey puppets with us on your social media sites!! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Scoop Stick Scarecrow
If you are looking for more Turkey themed crafts to recreate today, be sure to check out these crafty posts on Glued To My Crafts right now: