Get crafty with your child today and make your own feline friend with just tissue paper, glue and some imagination!
Paper Plate & Tissue Paper Black Cat Craft
Hi friends! It’s that time of the month again! The Kids Craft Stars and I are joining forces to bring you our MONTHLY craft challenge post.
Every month we have a challenge between us bloggers to in-cooperate a different craft medium or theme into a simple kid craft tutorial. This month’s challenge was to create something using tissue paper and as you can image – this challenge was a breeze for us since that is one of our favorite craft mediums to use in ALL our kid craft tutorials!
So without further ado – today I present to you our Tissue Paper Black Cat tutorial that is not only super simple and really inexpensive but it’s also perfect for younger children too! Plus it goes along perfectly with one of our favorite children’s books – Have You Seen My Cat? by Eric Carle making it great excuse to have story-time too!
If you would like to make this “catty” kid craft with your child today, check out the full tutorial below. Plus there are also links to the other bloggers participating in this challenge, so be sure to click around!
Happy crafting my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your creations on our Facebook page wall afterwards, so we can admire your hard work! I can’t wait to see your creations! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Paper Plate Spider
Get in the creative spirit with this cute and easy tissue paper black cat craft! It’s perfect for Halloween or a story time event!
- Large Paper Plate
- School Glue
- Black Tissue Paper
- 2 Gray Pipe Cleaners
- Black Cardstock Paper
- White Cardstock Paper
- Pink Cardstock Paper
- Craft Scissors
- First have your child cut their black tissue paper into small squares.
- Squirt some glue all over your paper plate.
- Have children take the tissue paper and place it on top of the glue, until it’s completely covered.
- While they are working on that, cut some cat features from the cardstock. Think diamond eyes, pointy ears, mouth, button nose etc.
- Be sure to also fold your two pipe cleaners in half for the whiskers.
- To finish off the Tissue Paper Black Cat – glue/staple on the cardstock pieces and whiskers in the designated spots.
- Then display proudly!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Seahorse
Be sure to check out the fun blog posts below, to see what the other bloggers in the challenge came up with for our Tissue Paper Kid Craft Challenge! You can also follow us on Instagram with the #KidsCraftStars and see what we are crafting up daily!
- Paper Plate Thanksgiving Turkey – Artsy Craftsy Mom
- How to Make Confetti – Pink Stripey Socks
- Pumpkin and Apple Suncatchers – In the Playroom
- Tissue Paper Fall Tree Craft – I Heart Crafty Things
- Tissue Paper Roses – Easy Peasy and Fun
- Tissue Paper Dragonfly – Crafty Morning
- Decoupage Baby Food Jar Owl – Artsy Momma
And “if” you decide to make our Tissue Paper Black Cat craft, please share a picture on our Facebook page for us to see. We love seeing our inspiration come to life!