Graduation Keepsake Craft Idea
Graduation season is upon us and today I’m sharing a SIMPLE kids craft idea that can be easily framed and turned into a gift for young kids to gift their parents, grandparents or even teachers on the last day of school.
On that note, today’s “my future looks bright” tutorial is an inexpensive paper and paint handprint craft idea that will give kids the perfect excuse to get a little messy as they graduate from preschool or kindergarten, all while creating a bright & colorful piece of artwork that is sure to be loved by anyone who lays their eyes on it.
To complete this end of school year craft idea, all you need to do is print the freebie file that I provided below in the supply list, grab some washable yellow craft paint and have your child add their handprint to the center to complete the lightbulb craft. That’s it!
With very basic materials and steps, this a simple graduation art project that ANYONE can recreate. No fancy skills or elaborate materials. I promise, it’s that easy to recreate! Just keep on scrolling to grab the freebie from us! Happy crafting, my friends!
RELATED POST —> Graduation Handprint Owl Keepsake
It’s easy, fun, and with just a few simple materials you can create a lasting memory of the bright future your little ones have ahead of them. This keepsake craft project isn’t just fun – it’s easy too!
- Future Looks Bright Printable (on box.com)
- White Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Washable Yellow Craft Paint
- Large Foam Paint Brush
- Small Paper Plate
- Baby Wipes
- optional materials – gold loose craft glitter and star stickers
- First things first – you are going to need to print out the provided lightbulb printable. You will need one print per keepsake craft.
- Now grab your washable yellow craft paint and paper plate.
- Squirt a small amount on the paper plate.
- Next pick a hand. Any hand will do. Paint the palm and the fingers of your child’s hand completely yellow and press it on the printable, right in the center of the lightbulb design.
- Now carefully lift up their hand to reveal the handprint design. Use baby wipes to clean off excess paint from their hand.
- If desired and while the paint is still wet, shake some loose craft glitter on top of the handprint design for a little extra sparkle.
- Once done decorating the my future looks bright keepsake, set it aside to let it dry completely.
RELATED POST —> Handprint Class of Apple Keepsake
If you are looking for even MORE handprint craft ideas – be sure to check out these fun blog posts on our website right now! All of which would pair nicely with today’s “future looks bright keepsake” craft!
- Birds on a Branch Canvas Idea
- Handprint Flower Napkins
- Handprint Button Tree Canvas
- Handprint Flowerpot On Paper
- No Place Like Gnome Keepsake
- Handprint Plate Keepsake
- Handprint Owl Keepsake
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER: