Deck the HOWLS with today’s Thumbprint Halloween Spider Mason Jar Card tutorial!
It’s sure to bring some smiles and a scary good time to those who make these one-of-a-kind paper pieces! Not to mention, the lucky receivers will love them too!
Keep scrolling for the full how-to on this Halloween themed kids craft idea, so you conjure it up today! #gluedtomycrafts
Enter if you dare but please don’t be afraid! Today’s “dropping in to say, thumbprint spider card” idea is super simple and a great Halloween craft for EVERYONE in your home to recreate! I’ve even included a free mason jar printable below, to get you started within a matter of minutes!
From there, you are going to print it out on simple white cardstock and hand it over to your child. They will complete the craft by adding a simple black thumbprint “spider” to the center of each card front and signing their name below that. Then – they will cut it out and make cards. That’s it! Easy peasy, just how we like it around here!!!
Our Halloween Spider Mason Jar Card art project idea is just too easy and oh so spooky cute! I know you are going to love it as much as I do!
So what are you waiting for?! All the details are listed below and we hope we inspired you with this quick DIY! Remember – this “Just dropping in” idea is also great for the classroom too! Plus kids can gift it to parents, friends, grandparents – basically ANYONE they want to wish a Happy Halloween to, this spook-tacular season!
Happy crafting, my friends!!! Please don’t forget to share some pictures of your child’s Spider Mason Jar Cards with us on our Facebook page! #gluedtomycrafts
Thumbprint Spider In Jar Card Supplies:
* Free Halloween Spider Mason Jar Card Printable
* 8″x11.5″ White Cardstock
* Color Printer
* Paper Trimmer
* Glue Stick or Tape Runner Adhesive
* Pre-Made 4×6″ Colored Cardstock Cards
* Black Washable Ink Pad
* Baby Wipes
* Thin Tip Black Sharpie Marker
* Tiny Wiggle Eye Stickers
* First download the link listed above in the supply list and print the mason jar card template on white cardstock. One printable makes FOUR Halloween cards at a time. Please only use our file for personal use.
* Use a paper trimmer to trim out each section and make your FOUR cards total.
* Adhere each cut out piece to a single cardstock card front.
* Next open your black ink pad up.
* Place your thumb on the black ink pad, then in the center of the mason jar design, right under the “web” that is in the design.
* Repeat the thumbprint step on each card.
* Use baby wipes to remove excess ink off of your fingers before washing your hands completely at the sink.
* Next draw on some spider leg embellishments, coming from the thumbprint, with a thin tip Sharpie marker.
* Go ahead and also adhere the tiny wiggle eyes in place.
* Add other embellishments you see fit.
* Then the last step is to write a quirky saying in the inside the card, that goes along with the “dropping by to say…” saying that is on the front of the card. You can stick to a more genetic saying like “Happy Halloween” or go into more detail with what you write. Have fun with it!
* Then gift away your #cutenotscary Halloween Spider Mason Jar Cards to the lucky receivers!
Wickedly easy and clever craft ideas for us!
At Glued To My Crafts we really enjoy sharing creative craft ideas for Halloween! It’s actually when my creative juices shine the most! Just check out our Handprint Ghost In Haunted House – Kid Craft, Popsicle Stick Black Cat and Paper Plate Pumpkin Monster posts for even MORE crafty inspiration. All three of them are also great for this time of year!
And don’t forget to share pictures with us as well! You can tag us on your various social media sites, join our Facebook group to share pictures or use our special hashtag #gluedtomycrafts for us to see! We really do VANT to see those images! We really appreciate and LOVE seeing the inspiration come to life! Come on – make my day and share away with us!