Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble! We are brewing up ANOTHER easy Halloween themed kid craft idea today! This time, it’s a Paper Plate Pumpkin Monster with a handprint embellishment for that personal touch!
Have you been on the fence on the types of tutorials we have been sharing so far for the upcoming “spook-tacular” holiday? Hopefully NOT but if you have been, I think this idea will change your mind! It’s #cutenotscary and kids can recreate it with ease. Plus moms and dads don’t have to go crazy on the supply list either!
We have all the details listed below, to help you navigate this “peeking monster” craft idea today!
Happy crafting, my friends! #gluedtomycrafts
Paper Plate Pumpkin Monster Craft Supplies:
- Large Paper Plate
- Orange Craft Paint
- Brown Craft Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Black Cardstock
- Purple Cardstock
- Brown Cardstock
- Green Pipe Cleaner
- Large Eyeball Stickers or Wiggle Eyes
- First things first – have children paint their paper plate completely ORANGE. Add some brown paint for dimension. Once done, set aside to let it dry a bit.
- Now grab your purple, black and brown cardstock.
- Out of the purple cardstock, cut out a large circle that will be the “monster” of your craft. You don’t want it to be bigger than your paper plate though. Set aside.
- Out of the black cardstock, trace and cut our your child’s handprint.
- Out of the brown cardstock, trim out a rectangular stem for the pumpkin.
- Set all the cardstock pieces you just cut out, aside.
- Grab your painted paper plate and scissors. We are going to cut it in half but not directly in the center. You will want to cut so you create a small pumpkin “lid” for your monster to lift up and sneak out of. Use our picture for an example.
- Now grab the stapler. Stapler the paper plate pieces back together but in a slight angle so it looks like the pumpkin is opening up.
- Grab the black cardstock handprint. Hold it in half and staple it to the paper plate, to look like a hand is creeping out of the pumpkin.
- Next staple the monster piece in place. Add the eyeballs to bring it to life.
- Finally – take the green pipe cleaner and curl it to look greenery for the pumpkin. Along with the brown cardstock stem, staple those two pieces to the paper plate.
- Add other embellishments you see fit before displaying proudly!
For crafty memories kids will treasure long after the holidays – please check out our popular Dollar Tree Find – Halloween Unicorn Ghosts & Bats, Paint Splat Witch’s Magic Ball – Kid Craft and #CuteNotScary Paper Unicorn Pumpkins crafts!
Don’t forget to join our private Glued To My Crafts community on Facebook!