It’s that time of year again… Thanksgiving crafting! And since Thanksgiving is all about being thankful for friends and family, what better thanksgiving craft to make with the kiddos than some turkey friends!
Today, I’m sharing how we turned some large brown pom poms into the CUTEST turkey puppets, within minutes.
This Thanksgiving craft is perfect for kids of all ages and can easily be completed with supplies that you likely already have on hand.
So gather up the little ones and let’s get started below!
Super Easy Pom Pom Turkey Friend Puppets
It’s a breeze to make these Pom Pom Turkey Friends come to life this Thanksgiving season! I recently found my particular large pom poms at Hobby Lobby but I have seen them at Michaels and even on Amazon as of late.
I highly suggest this craft for older children since these pieces do need a glue gun for the adhesive BUT I still think, even with the older age, it’s still super fun to make! Plus they double as pretend play pieces and/or festive décor on your Thanksgiving table!
So gobble it up, my friends! The full and super EASY turkey puppet tutorial can be found below! Happy crafting, my friends!!
RELATED —> Turkey Wooden Frame
This creative time of year calls for an awesome DIY! So join me as I share how I made these Pom Pom TURKEY friends within minutes!
- Large 2″ inch Brown Pom Poms
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- Red Craft Felt
- Orange Craft Felt
- Craft Scissors
- Wiggle Eyes
- Craft Feathers
- First things first – get the glue gun hot and ready!
- Keep in mind, ONE large pom pom makes ONE turkey friend.
- Now grab your craft felt and scissors.
- Cut out a triangular nose and waddle for the turkey.
- When done, go ahead and hot glue your craft felt pieces & wiggle eyes to the turkey.
- Finally – pick out three to five feathers for your turkey.
- Hot glue SEVERAL feathers to the back of your pom pom turkey piece.
- When done, set aside to let it dry completely.
- Then display proudly for ALL to see!
RELATED —> Handprint Turkey Keepsake
DIY 1-2-3 is a breeze with us at Glued To My Crafts!!! Just check out our popular Turkey Ornament, Leaf Fairies and Football Turkey posts!