Are you looking for a fun and easy craft activity to do with your kids? If so, look no further because Glued To My Crafts is here to help!
Our latest “wooden spoon fairy” tutorial is the perfect way to get creative with your little ones!
Not only will this project keep them from getting bored on rainy or cold days, but it also teaches them important skills like following directions and using their imagination. So let’s get crafty!
Fairy Puppets Made From Wooden Spoons
Make your child’s fairy dreams come true with today’s Wooden Spoon Fairies kid craft idea! They are absolutely perfect for pretend play pieces and/or spring decorations in your home! Heck – you can also place these in your very own fairy garden!
With just a few simple supplies such as cupcake liners, cardstock paper and of course an inexpensive wooden spoon – you and you child can create some adorable fairy puppets that are sure to bring hours of imaginative playtime fun. Not just for kids – but adults too!
Just keep on scrolling to find out everything you need to make these charming little creations come alive in your home today!
RELATED POST —> Wood Clothespin Leaf Fairies
Get ready to make some magical memories with your kids as they paint their wooden spoon fairies into life!
- Wooden Craft Spoons – one per puppet
- Craft Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Thin-Tip Markers
- School Glue
- Cardstock Paper
- Mini Cupcake Liners
- Craft Scissors
- optional materials – sequins, feathers, bows etc.
- First things first – color the handle of the wooden spoon completely. This is the body of the fairy.
- When done, set aside to let it dry completely.
- Now grab your sheets of cardstock paper.
- Cut out the hair and wings for the fairy.
- Go ahead and glue those pieces in place, on the decorated spoon.
- Finally, take ONE mini cupcake liner and flatten it out with your hands.
- Go ahead and now fold it in half & glue it to your spoon to create the tutu for the fairy.
- To finish off the Wooden Spoon Fairy – use the thin tip markers to draw on a face, on the larger end of the spoon.
- Follow that up with other embellishments you see fit. The possibilities are endless on this step!
- Once done, set aside to let it dry completely before displaying/playing with proudly!!!
PAIR YOUR SPOON PUPPET WITH OUR —> Paper Bag Mermaid Puppet