Get creative this holiday season with your little ones! Make a beautiful Christmas ornament from paper with your kids’ help. It’s the perfect way to add personal touches to your festive decorations and make family memories too!
Are you feeling crafty and in the Christmas spirit? Then let’s get creative together by making a one-of-a-kind paper Christmas ornament!
With this easy holiday car ornament craft, you can have your kids make their very own festive decoration that they’ll be proud to hang up on the tree. Not only will it help liven up your holiday decor, but it also allows for some nice family bonding time too!
All you need is some simple materials such as cardstock paper and glue, plus our step-by-step instructions – and soon enough, your child’s personalized handmade ornament will be ready to sparkle and shine throughout the season!
- Christmas Car Printable – on box.com
- White Cardstock Paper
- Green Cardstock Paper
- Brown Cardstock Paper
- Crayons, Markers or Coloring Pencils
- Contact Paper
- Single Hole Punch
- Ribbon or String
- Embellishments and Printed Picture
- First things first – grab the mini car printable listed above in the supply list.
- Print out the provided file on white cardstock paper. One print gives you TWO chances to do this craft at once.
- Now color in one of the car designs.
- When done, use scissors to trim it out. Set aside for now.
- Next grab your remaining sheets of cardstock paper, as well as your pencil.
- Trace one hand on the green cardstock paper. Trim it out.
- Out of the brown cardstock paper, trim out a tree trunk. Secure it to the handprint cutout to complete the tree.
- Now grab your printed picture and trim it down so it fits inside the window of the car design.
- Next, you will want to attach the handprint tree AND picture on the car cutout. The tree on top and the picture inside the window.
- Now for the final steps! Before you add ANY embellishments, you will want to seal everything together with the contact paper. Go ahead and cut off two pieces that are bigger than your ornament.
- Peel the backing off of one piece of contact paper and lay it down, sticky side up, on your work surface.
- Lay the decorated car cutout on top.
- Now peel the backing off the second piece of contact paper and lay it on top of the first. Use your hand to make sure everything is sealed together and that no bubbles exist.
- When ready, use scissors to trim off the excess contact paper from around the edges.
- Finally, add ANY and all embellishments to give their Christmas themed car ornament piece a personalized look. This is where your child’s personality will really shine!
- And that’s it! Don’t forget to write your child’s name, age and date on the back!
- Then display/gift away proudly your child’s beautiful handprint tree ornament piece!
RELATED —> Holly Jolly Keepsake