This quick and easy Christmas craft is perfect for kids of all ages! All you need are a few supplies and a little bit of imagination to make these adorable thumbprint reindeer bookmarks.
They’re the perfect way to mark your spot in your favorite holiday read, and they also make great gifts for friends and family!
Hi friends! Do you need something creative to keep the kids busy this winter afternoon?! Maybe you are looking for something that can be thrown together within minutes, with basic items hiding in your craft stash right now?
Well – you are in luck today because at Glued To My Crafts we are going to show you how easy it is to take basic materials and make a custom CHRISTMAS themed craft foam bookmark within minutes!
Our thumbprint red nose reindeer bookmark tutorial is an inexpensive and crafty thrill that is PERFECT to mark that spot in a book and it doesn’t cost a whole lot to make it either! We are talking cents to recreate these pieces because all you need is craft foam sheets and craft paint to make it happen.
Ready to learn how? Check out the full Rudolph themed kids craft tutorial below for the everything you need to know on creating these adorable Thumbprint Red Nosed Reindeer Bookmarks! Then use your newly made creations to mark your spot or gift away to friends & friends for them to enjoy this season!!!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your craft supplies and get ready to “build” your own one-of-a-kind frosty friends with your child today!
RELATED —> Christmas Keepsake Ideas
Fingerprint Reindeer Bookmarks
These thumbprint reindeer bookmarks are a fun and easy Christmas craft that kids will love making. So get crafting and add some festive cheer to your reading!
- Large Craft Foam Sheet
- Craft Scissors
- Brown Craft Paint
- Small Paper Plate
- Red Craft Sequins
- School Glue
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Single Hole Punch
- Yarn or String
- First trim down our craft foam with scissors into a rectangular bookmark shape. We did 2 inches by 5 inches on ours. Repeat for each bookmark you want to make today.
- Next squirt some brown paint on a paper plate.
- Have children press their thumb in the paint, then press it a few times on the craft foam piece to make reindeer heads. Make sure you leave some room in between each print for the antlers and nose.
- When done, set it aside to let it dry completely.
- Now that they are dry, you are ready for the reindeer embellishments.
- Use the black Sharpie marker to draw on some dotted eyes and stick antlers.
- Next up – add a reindeer “nose” by gluing on a large red sequin on the bottom of each thumbprint.
- To finish off the Thumbprint Reindeer Bookmarks, punch a hole at the top and thread some string through the hole to tie off.
- Then gift away proudly!
- Don’t forget to share some pictures with us as well! You can ALWAYS tag us on Facebook or Instagram for instant sharing! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Thumbprint Snowman Bookmarks
If you are looking for even MORE reindeer themed kid craft ideas, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below.
And “if” you decide to make today’s reindeer kids craft idea, please share a picture on our Facebook page for us to see. We love seeing our inspiration come to life!
- Toilet Paper Roll Reindeer
- Reindeer Envelope Puppet
- Paper Plate Reindeer
- Wood Reindeer Frame
- Craft Foam Reindeer Star
- Christmas Tree Gnome