It’s Christmas time, and nothing puts everyone in a festive mood like crafting unique decorations for the season! Today we have an adorable paper plate Christmas camper craft that will get your family excited about the holidays.
Not only is this craft fun and creative; it’s also inexpensive, easy to follow and can be made with simple household items.
Invite your kids to join in on the holiday spirit by gathering up some materials, having them engage their imagination while they cut out shapes to create their own one-of-a-kind miniature camper decoration!
Paper Plate Holiday Camper Craft Idea For Kids
I’ll say it over and over again, until I’m blue in the face. I really do strive to come up with the kids craft designs that no one has done before.
There’s only so many snowmen and Santa crafts you can make from paper plates & share on the internet. Just saying! Glued To My Crafts is the place to be if you are looking for unique ideas!
On that note, if only I could show you ALL the crafty designs that go through my head daily. Sometimes it looks like someone threw up confetti in my head but other days are magical. Today is MAGICAL!
I already shared with my lovely readers this morning my tutorial for a Christmas mail truck from popsicle sticks and right now I’m adding MY VERSION of a Christmas camper made from a simple paper plate, to the website archives!
Yup. This holiday themed camper is made from basic paper plate. From there, all you need is some sharpie markers and colored cardstock paper. That’s it! Super simple to make and gender neutral so boys & girls will love recreating it this holiday season!
So stop what you are doing and add this to your crafty to-do list! In fact – make sure you bookmark or “pin” this very post right now! Then check out the full paper plate Christmas camper with tree on top tutorial below and get ready for a fun & extra memorable holiday season! I bet even all the adults in your home will want to make one of these too!
Happy crafting my friends!!! Please don’t forget to share pictures of your paper plate holiday campers on our Facebook page! I can’t wait to see how you give it your own personal spin!!! #gluedtomycrafts
PSST – this paper plate camper craft idea can also be pair with our popsicle stick Christmas truck tutorial for a “wheelie” good time this afternoon!
Paper Plate Christmas Camper
Get the whole gang in the holiday spirit with our first-seen-here Paper Plate Christmas Camper kid craft idea!
Everybody can make THEIR own version of what a travel trailer should look like during the Christmas season! It’s going to be so much fun, I’m sure of it!
- Small Paper Plate
- Basic Craft Scissors
- Red Sharpie Marker
- Green Sharpie Marker
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Gray Cardstock Paper
- Black Cardstock Paper
- Glue Stick or School Glue
- Felt Christmas Tree Sticker
- Christmas Tree Wreath Sticker
- Hand-Held Office Stapler
- First cut your small paper plate in half. Straight up the center!
- Reserve one half for today’s holiday camper craft and save the other for a rainy day!
- Now grab your sharpie markers.
- Draw TWO straight lines across the paper plate. This just give it more of a camper look.
- Set aside the paper plate.
- Now grab all your cardstock paper and scissors.
- Out of the black cardstock cut out TWO small circular wheels, as well as a small, thin rectangle for the “hitch” the camper.
- Out of the gray cardstock cut out a small window and door for the camper.
- Use the black sharpie marker to draw a small door knob on the paper door piece you just made.
- Now adhere ALL your paper pieces you just made, to the paper plate half from earlier.
- To finish off the Paper Plate Christmas Camper kid craft – add the wreath sticker to the door and staple the Christmas tree sticker to the top of the decorated paper plate piece.
- Add other embellishments to really give it that Christmas-y look.
- Then display proudly!
- Snap a few pictures to share with us on your social media sites!! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Cupcake Liner Christmas Camper