We are driving by with an art project idea that is perfect for in the classroom!
Keep scrolling for our SUPER ORIGINAL and FIRST SEEN HERE Paper Plate Christmas School Bus kid craft tutorial!
Paper Plate Holiday Bus Craft Idea For Kids
Due to the recent popularity of our paper plate Christmas camper tutorial, I decided to keep the fun going with a SCHOOL BUS theme that is perfect to bring into a classroom setting!
It’s still really inexpensive and made from a basic paper plate. But this time we are bringing in some yellow craft paint into the mix for the iconic school bus color. From there, all you need is some scrapbook letter stickers and colored cardstock. That’s it! Super simple to recreate and perfect for boys & girls to make this holiday season! Not to mention ONE paper plate will make TWO school buses in one sitting!
So stop what you are doing and add this to your crafty to-do list! In fact – make sure you bookmark or “pin” this very post right now!
Then check out the full tutorial for our Christmas school bus craft made from a paper plate below and get ready for a fun & extra memorable holiday season in the classroom! I bet even teachers will want to make one of these too to show off on their holiday bulletin boards! You could even take it a step further and include pictures in the driver seat! Let’s get those crafty juices flowing this holiday season!
Happy crafting my friends!!! Please don’t forget to share pictures of your paper plate holiday school bus on our Facebook page! I can’t wait to see how you give it your own personal spin!!! #gluedtomycrafts
PSST – this paper plate yellow bus craft idea can also be pair with our Christmas truck tutorial for a “wheelie” good time together!
Paper Plate Christmas School Bus
This easy and fun paper plate craft is perfect for the classroom! Kids will love driving this colorful bus around during the holidays. See how to make it step-by-step in our tutorial. Happy crafting!
- Small Paper Plate
- Basic Craft Scissors
- Yellow Craft Paint
- Foam Paint Brush
- Gray Cardstock Paper
- Black Cardstock Paper
- School Glue
- Small Christmas Tree Sticker
- Hand-Held Office Stapler
- First cut your small paper plate in half. Straight up the center!
- Reserve one half for today’s holiday school bus craft and save the other for a rainy day!
- Go ahead and now cut off a small section out from one side of the paper plate, to give it more of a school bus look. Use our picture as an example.
- Discard the small piece you just cut off.
- Now grab your yellow craft paint and foam paint brush.
- Squirt some paint on the paper plate and move it around until the paper plate is completely yellow.
- Set aside the paper plate.
- Now grab all your cardstock paper and scissors.
- Out of the black cardstock cut out TWO small circular wheels.
- Out of the gray cardstock cut out some small windows.
- Now adhere ALL your paper pieces you just made, to the paper plate half from earlier. You can use the school glue or a stapler.
- To finish off the Paper Plate Christmas Bus kid craft – add your scrapbook stickers to spell out “school bus” and staple the Christmas tree sticker to the top of the decorated paper plate piece.
- Add other embellishments you see fit, to really give it that Christmas-y look.
- Then display proudly for all to see!
- Don’t forget to snap a few pictures to share with us on your various social media sites!! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick School Bus
It’s a festive time of year that is worth celebrating with some creative crafts! On our website you will find easy step-by-step tutorials, while making memories with your child that will last a lifetime!
Be sure to check out these fun posts, listed below, for even MORE crafty inspiration from Glued To My Crafts!
And as always – if one of our crafts inspires you, be sure to share it on our Facebook page. We love seeing our inspiration come to life in your home!