We’ve done it again with today’s Chalk Art Peacock tutorial! We are bringing a crafty material that is typically found on sidewalks everywhere this time of year and using it on paper instead!
We are hoping to encourage your child’s colorful imagination with our “outside the box” peacock kid craft tutorial.
Chalk isn’t just for outside and we are going to prove that to you today. Keep scrolling for all the details!
Peacock Feathers Made With Chalk
Just like our lion mane post from the other day, we are stepping outside from the traditional and instead of using chalk to make vibrant designs on the sidewalk, we are bringing it to the kitchen table instead! You guys… I’m so excited to be sharing this idea with you all today and hopefully we can make “paper chalk art” a thing this summer!
Dollar Tree and the Target Dollar Spot are starting to bring out their summer stuff to their store shelves and you are going to be able to find chalk, in large boxes with vibrant colors, for cheap in the coming days.
With all that being said, our super unique peacock themed DIY is going to be rather inexpensive to recreate. All you need is the various colors of chalk, black construction paper and our free printable. That’s it! I could also see this idea being done for cheap with a large crowd like in the classroom, at summer camps and even birthday parties. I mean hello?! Who doesn’t love a good craft that is outside the norm? Especially those that are really easy and don’t require a lot to make! Plus adults can participate in the making too!
So what are we waiting for?! All the details and the free peacock body printable can be found below. Happy crafting, my friends!!!
RELATED POSTS: Handprint Peacock and Paint Splat Peacock
- Peacock Printable – on our landing page
- White Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Paper Craft Scissors
- Black Cardstock Paper
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Baby Wipes
- Glue Stick or Tape Runner Adhesive
RELATED —> Coffee Filter Peacock
- First things first – grab our free peacock body printable, listed above in the supply list.
- Next, go ahead and find it on your computer, right click and print the file on a single sheet of white cardstock. You only need ONE printable per peacock craft. Print as many as you like but only use our file for personal use please.
- Now that you have the printable, go ahead and trim out the peacock body.
- Set it aside.
- Now grab a single sheet of black cardstock paper and your various pieces of chalk.
- Make several lines going outward from the center of the paper to make the feathers of the peacock. Add as many lines and colors that you like. You want it to be nice and “fluffy” though.
- Use baby wipes to clean off excess chalk from fingers and hands.
- When done with the chalk, go ahead and grab your peacock cutout & glue stick.
- Glue the body shape to the center of your chalk art design you just made.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Then display your chalk art peacock proudly for all to see!
RELATED —> Paper & Chalk Unicorn Craft
Make It Your Own:
- Don’t feel limited by using black construction paper for this paper peacock craft. Experiment with different colors of paper to see what really makes the “chalk feathers” POP for the peacock
- On that note, did you know you can dip your chalk in water to make the colors more vibrant on your paper? Yup! Just set a small dish with tap water on the table, dip the chalk in it for a few seconds and then draw on the paper the same way as before. Repeat, over and over, again and let the construction paper dry completely before adhering the lion head to the center
- What if you don’t have a printer to take advantage of the peacock template? No worries! You can always hand-draw a peacock shape on paper and then go from there. This will really open up those creative juices and I highly encourage it!
RELATED —> Chalk Art Projects
At Glued To My Crafts, we have a “knack” for stepping outside the traditional. It kinda gives us a thrill and we strive to be different than our competitors!
So before you leave our Peacock Chalk Art tutorial, come check out our popular Pool Lounging Friends, Paint Splat Lions and Food Truck craft tutorials. All three are super unique and sure to impress the crafty fingers that recreate them!