Hip, hip hooray for another craft foam egg kid craft idea on Glued To My Crafts! This time we are making LLAMA FRIENDS!
Keep scrolling to see how I made my Easter Egg Llama come to life!
Last year I had so much fun coming up with creative ways to use up those craft foam egg shapes you find this time of year, that I decided I needed to put my thinking cap back on and come up with a few NEW IDEAS for 2019.
Hence how today’s egg shaped llama face tutorial came to life! It’s perfect for your spring craft celebrations!
Llamas are making a pretty big appearance this year in various merchandises marketed towards kids, so I hope you are inspired to recreate our original idea with your child today.
Like I mentioned above, you can easily find craft foam egg shapes pretty much anywhere this time of year. From Michaels to Dollar Tree, you can even pull out your Cricut machine and make your own.
Now I bet you are ready for the tutorial, right? Well find all the details for this llama craft below. Don’t forget to let those creative juices flow and really make it your own as well!
Happy crafting, my friends! Don’t forget to check back in the coming days because I have more crafty ideas using up the egg shapes! #gluedtomycrafts
Craft Foam Egg Llama Craft Supplies:
* First things first – grab your colored cardstock and scissors. Cut out a medium sized circle for your llama’s nose, as well as some pointy ears.
* Use the Sharpie markers to add the details.
* Now glue those decorated cardstock pieces in place on the craft foam egg shape. The nose will go in the center and the ears will go on the back of the egg shape, towards the top.
* Next go ahead and glue on the wiggle eyes for him to see.
* Finally – add his “hair” towards the top by gluing on several white cotton balls in place.
* Now you can either stop here OR go ahead & glue on a small strip of pom pom ribbon on top of the cotton ball hair for a fun festive look.
* Of course, when you are done with your craft – let it dry completely and display proudly for all to see! You could even add popsicle sticks to the back to turn them into puppets!