Spring craft adventures await with this super unique Craft Foam Easter Egg Gnomes kid craft tutorial!
With our latest transformation of basic craft foam egg shapes from Michaels, you are sure to have a GREAT time crafting and making memories with your child this spring season!
Craft Foam Egg Gnome
Who says craft foam egg shapes can ONLY be for used as EGGS? At Glued To My Crafts, we have proven that you can easily step outside the box and make masterpieces regardless of what “the original intention was.”
With our Easter Egg Cupcake and Unicorn Egg craft posts, I’ve shown YOU how you can take a basic “egg shape” and turn it into something beyond the Easter holiday! Not to mention – the white handprint “beard” cutout in today’s gnome craft tutorial, makes it an awesome keepsake as well!
So on that note, are you ready to recreate these Craft Foam Egg Garden Gnomes? Find the full tutorial by scrolling below! Happy crafting, my friends! I hope you are inspired by today’s handprint Easter gnome tutorial! Have fun!
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Bunny Gnome
Get your kids creative juices flowing with this easy and unique Easter egg gnome craft idea! Perfect for a fun afternoon activity or springtime classroom project.
- Large, Craft Foam Egg Shapes
- White Cardstock Paper
- Spring Scrapbook Paper
- Kraft Cardstock Paper
- Black Cardstock Paper
- Pencil or Pen
- Craft Scissors
- Glue Stick
- First things first – grab your white cardstock and pencil.
- Pick a hand and have children lay it flat on the white paper.
- Trace around your child’s hand with the pencil.
- When done tracing, lift up their hand and trim out the traced design on the paper, with your paper scissors. This will be the beard for the Easter gnome.
- Set it aside.
- Now grab your patterned scrapbook paper.
- Cut out a large triangle hat for the gnome.
- Grab the kraft colored cardstock.
- Cut out an oval shaped nose.
- Finally – cut out two half circle “shoes” for your gnome, from the black colored cardstock.
- Now you are ready to assemble it all together.
- Grab your craft foam egg shape.
- Start off my gluing down the black boots to the bottom of the craft foam egg shape.
- Then glue down the handprint beard onto the egg shape.
- Follow that up by gluing down the paper hat and then the nose.
- To finish off your Handprint Easter Egg Gnome Keepsake, add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Then display your new paper and craft foam Easter gnome friend proudly for ALL to see!!
- Don’t forget to snap a few pictures on your phone and tag us on your social media sites! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Bunny Trucks
Spring is in the air on Glued To My Crafts! So many fun ideas just for you!
On that note, do you love this craft foam Easter egg gnome idea?? Then be sure to also check out our previous Craft Foam Easter Egg Friends post! All of which would pair nicely with today’s handprint spring gnome kid craft tutorial – hint hint!