Today’s craft foam egg hatching dinosaur kid craft idea is TONS of fun and a great craft for the younger children in your home.
With the free dinosaur head printable I’ve included in today’s post, you and your child can make some MAJESTIC pieces within minutes!
Keep scrolling for the full tutorial and free file!
Hatching Baby Dinosaur From Craft Foam Egg
Hi friends! Welcome to today’s dinosaur egg kid craft tutorial!
Do you happen to have some leftover craft foam egg shapes from your Easter crafts or maybe you are looking for something outside the traditional to make with your child today? Well look no further because I believe at Glued To My Crafts we have done it again!
Today’s dinosaur egg themed kid craft idea is super easy and we hope this post HATCHES tons of creative ideas within you & your child. We have laid out the groundwork for you but it’s your mission to take on, to make custom egg pieces for your little dinosaur friends to call home.
It’s just matter of downloading our free provided dinosaur template below, decorating some craft foam egg shapes and then assembling it all in less than 5 minutes. Don’t let those words intimidate you – it’s easy peasy!
Find all the details below in the full tutorial. Don’t forget to bookmark this particular page because this hatching craft idea goes BEYOND the Easter season and can be done ALL YEAR LONG! You can also pair it along with our popsicle stick dinosaur tutorial for an epic afternoon of crafty fun! Happy crafting, my friends!
RELATED —> Craft Foam Valentine Dinosaur
Get ready for some crafting fun with our step-by-step tutorial on how to make a craft foam egg hatching baby dinosaur!
- Dinosaur Printable – on our spring landing page
- White Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Craft Foam Egg Shapes
- Crayons, Paint Markers, Craft Paint etc.
- Hand-Held Stapler
- Glue Stick or Tape Runner Adhesive
- First things first – print the FREE dinosaur head printable listed above. You only need to print one, on a single sheet of white cardstock. This will give you FOUR DIFFERENT DINOSAUR HEADS for four cracked egg crafts.
- Next go ahead and trim out EACH dinosaur head in the printable. Discard excess paper.
- Now grab ONE craft foam egg shape per dinosaur craft. Cut it in half, to resemble a cracked egg.
- Now take your choice of decorating medium and decorate the craft foam egg shape halves you just made, however you like.
- When done, set them aside to let them dry a bit.
- Finally – the last step. Grab all your various pieces, along with your glue stick and hand-held stapler.
- Staple the two craft foam egg pieces back together to look like a “hatching” egg.
- Follow that up by gluing in the dinosaur head cutout, to the back of the pieced together egg shapes. Your new friends should look like they are peeking out of the cracked eggs now.
- And that’s it! Add other embellishments you see fit before displaying your Hatching Baby Dinosaur Pieces proudly for ALL to see!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Dinosaur
A huge shoutout to dailyarthub.com for the awesome dinosaur head graphics in today’s blog post.
If you are looking for even MORE clever ways to use up those craft foam egg shapes today, check out our Egg Hot Air Balloon, Egg Easter Friends and Egg Unicorn craft posts!
All three of which would pair nicely with today’s dinosaur craft idea!