Today’s crafty idea is all about fresh starts and new life as we welcome spring into our homes. We hope our Paper Plate & Popsicle Stick Hatching Baby Chick craft inspires you!!!
Paper Plate & Popsicle Stick Baby Chick
When I think of this time of year, I instantly think of a little yellow chick bursting from it’s warm egg and chirping away at it’s new freedom.
Spring in my opinion is a fresh new start and that’s exactly what today’s kid friendly idea is ALL about!
Not only is this Popsicle Stick Hatching Baby Chick craft idea super simple for young children and really inexpensive to make – but it also doubles as some cute decor you can display this spring season!!!
So what are you waiting for? Grab those craft supplies and get to work on creating this “tweet” little art project with your aspiring artist today! You can find ALL the details you need to know, in the full tutorial below!
Don’t forget to use #gluedtomycrafts when you share pictures of your child’s finished hatching chick craft on your social media sites or tag us on Instagram so we all can see your masterpieces!!! I can’t wait to see their creation made from paper plates & jumbo popsicle sticks!
Happy crafting my friends! May this craft from Glued To My Crafts “HATCH” tons of smiles into your home this afternoon!!! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED POST ON GLUED TO MY CRAFTS: Tissue Paper Baby Chick
Have your little ones crack open the fun with this adorable craft idea! Brighten up your weekend with a Popsicle Stick Hatching Baby Chick craft. Your kids will love making their own fluffy friends!
- Large Paper Plate
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- School Glue
- Yellow Craft Paint
- Foam Paint Brush
- Orange Cardstock Paper
- Basic Craft Scissors
- Large Wiggle Eyes
- First things first – grab your paper plate and scissors.
- Cut your paper plate in half to look like a cracked egg.
- Reserve one half for today’s craft and save the other for a rainy day.
- Set it aside till later.
- Next grab your jumbo popsicle sticks and school glue.
- Line up and glue your popsicle sticks into a fence formation. Seven next to each other and two across.
- Set it aside to let it dry completely.
- When the sticks are secured, grab your yellow paint and paint brush.
- Paint your newly made popsicle stick shape, completely yellow.
- Again, set it aside.
- Next up – grab your orange cardstock.
- Cut out a triangular nose for your chick.
- To finish off the Yellow Hatching Chick craft, simply glue your paper plate half to the front of the painted popsicle stick shape and add your cardstock nose & wiggle eyes to bring the chick to life.
- Then display proudly for all to see!
PAIR YOUR CHICK WITH —> Hatching Baby Dinosaur
Love this popsicle stick hatching chick craft idea? We sure hope you do! So don’t let the fun stop here!!!
Check out our Easter Egg Chick and Chick Handprint Card craft posts for even more crafty inspiration from Glued To My Crafts!