This paper seashell fish craft tutorial is perfect for a summer boredom buster! Just download our free provided printable and decorate to bring it to life!
Seashell Fish Craft Idea For Kids
Summer is officially kicking off and we are ALL looking for some creative ways to stay indoors & stay cool.
If you are looking to do the same in your household, you are in the right place today with Glued To My Crafts! We are going to show you how easy it is to turn a simple paper seashell design into an extra special fish friend that will POP from the paper.
Today’s Paper Seashell Fish kid craft idea is super simple to make and kids will LOVE the creativity that will be at their fingertips! Although we have listed a few steps below in our full tutorial, this paper seashell craft can be accomplished ANY way you see fit.
Whether you want to turn the decorated seashells into puppets or maybe a pretty banner – the choice is yours! I also highly encourage you to get the glitter glue and random embellishments out as well. Make those seashell friends stand out from the crowd!
On that note… it’s time to get to the unique seashell craft! Keep scrolling to see all the crafty details and FREE printable below! Yes – that’s right. There’s a free printable to get you started even faster! Happy crafting, my friends!
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Fish
Crafting with the kids is always messy, but so worth it when you see their smiling faces at the end! We hope you add this seashell fish craft to your to-do list today!
- Free Seashell Printable – on our landing page
- White Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Crayons, Pencils, Markers
- Paper Craft Scissors
- Blue Cardstock Paper
- Large Wiggle Eyes
- Red or Orange Cardstock Paper
- Glitter Glue or Loose Craft Glitter
- First things first – grab our free seashell printable, listed above in the supply list.
- Next, go ahead and find it on your computer, right click and print the file on a single sheet of white cardstock. One print equals one fish craft. Print as many as you like but only use our file for personal use only please.
- Now that you have the printable, go ahead and color in the seashell design, however you like.
- When done coloring in the piece, use your craft scissors to trim it out.
- Now grab a single sheet of blue colored paper and your choice of adhesive.
- Glue the colored in seashell piece to the center of the blue colored paper.
- Now it’s time to give it the look of a fish! Start off by gluing on the wiggle eye.
- Follow that up by cutting out a small, heart shaped piece for the lips. Glue that in place.
- To finish it off, add the custom elements like lines of glitter glue and sequins.
- Then allow your piece to dry completely before you display your custom one-of-a-kind seashell fish piece proudly for all to see!
RELATED —> Seashell Frame
Change It Up:
- Instead of printing the free seashell file I’ve provided above on a simple sheet of white cardstock paper, swap it out for colored paper instead and take out the “coloring in” step listed above.
- Don’t feel limited by my choice of colors that I used as an example in this tutorial. I went with more shades of tan and gold but who says you can’t have a pink or purple fish?!
- Don’t have a printer at home? No worries my friends! Just hand-draw and cut out your own seashell shape from cardstock paper. You can also use a Cricut machine instead!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Fish
Do you need one more ocean themed craft idea to tackle with the kids today?!
Click on over to our popular Paper Plate Mermaid In Clam tutorial. It’s another download, print and make idea that I’m super proud of as of late!