Spice up your weekend with this fun and easy popsicle stick race track craft!
Race Track Craft Idea
Moving day is here! Seriously – the movers are here and I’m hiding in a corner trying to avoid the chaos. Seriously – this is my least favorite part of the PCS journey and my laptop is my solitude at this point. UGH.
Anyways – before we hit the road in a few short days, I wanted to share a quick and inexpensive DIY “toy” idea I recently came up with to entertain my son while we move this month.
As you may have noticed on the blog, I’m a lover of wooden craft sticks and this Popsicle Stick Race Track idea is my latest way to use up those one million popsicle sticks I have inherited in the past year.
So without further ado – here is how I made this awesome Popsicle Stick Race Track that is perfect for little boys to drive their cars on, rearrange however they like AND pack up with ease!
RELATED: Popsicle Stick Camping Mug and Snowman Ballerina Puppets
This fun and easy popsicle stick race track craft is perfect for kids of all ages! It’s a great boredom buster and makes for hours of creative entertainment.
- Regular Sized Popsicle Sticks
- Mini Popsicle Sticks
- School Glue
- Black Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Small Paper Plate
- White Paint Pen
- First you want to glue your popsicle sticks together to look like a fence. Five next to each other and two minis across to secure.
- Set aside to let it dry completely.
- Repeat for each piece you want to make.
- Now you are ready for paint. Squirt the black paint on the paper plate.
- Go ahead and paint your popsicle stick design completely black.
- Again, set aside to let it dry completely.
- To finish your Popsicle Stick Race Track – go ahead and paint some small stripes down the center of your piece with the white paint pen.
- Then let it all dry completely before playing with!!!
RELATED —> Footprint Car Card