Making cherry blossom tree branches from an egg carton is a great way to create something unique and beautiful for spring!
Not only is this craft fun and easy, but it’s also perfect for teachers, moms, crafters & art-lovers alike.
Egg Carton Tree Branches
Turn an ordinary recycled cardboard material item into a beautiful masterpiece with today’s Egg Carton Cherry Blossom Kid Craft idea!
Our FIRST SEEN HERE craft idea is absolutely PERFECT for the spring weather currently outside and of course – children of ALL ages! Plus this is a DIY cherry blossom craft idea that will probably cost you nearly ZIP! Yup – it’s that amazing because you only need an upcycled egg carton, popsicle sticks, craft paint and a little bit of tissue paper! Easy peasy materials!
So friends – don’t delay on “growing” this idea in your home this spring season! Let’s grab those craft supplies, follow the full tutorial below and make some one-of-a-kind recycled egg carton cherry blossom branches today!
Happy crafting my friends!!! Don’t forget to share pictures of your cherry blossom branches made from egg cartons, by tagging us on Instagram to see! I can’t wait to see them BLOSSOM from my computer screen.
RELATED: Plastic Egg Birds and Thumbprint Cherry Blossom Tree
Get ready to unlock your inner artist – let’s get started on creating beautiful egg carton cherry blossom branches together!
- Recycled Egg Carton
- Paper Craft Scissors
- Pink Craft Paint
- Brown Craft Paint
- One Small Paper Plate
- Two Paint Brushes
- School Glue
- Jumbo Popsicle Stick
- White Tissue Paper
- Pink Tissue Paper
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Cherry Blossom Tree Branch
- Grab your egg carton and scissors.
- Remove the lid and discard it.
- Now carefully separate each section of the remaining egg crate. You will want to pull aside TWO egg carton pieces for each cherry blossom branch you will be making today.
- Now grab your small paper plate and two shades of paint color.
- Squirt a small amount of each on the paper plate.
- Now take ONE egg carton piece and paint the inside & outside of it completely pink.
- Then before the paint dries completely, cut a small square of each colored tissue paper, scrunch it up with your hands and place it inside the “cherry blossom” so it will dry in place.
- Repeat the above steps for the second egg carton piece.
- Next grab ONE jumbo popsicle stick.
- Paint one side of it completely brown to represent the tree branch.
- To finish off the Egg Carton Cherry Blossom, glue the two finished egg carton pieces to the popsicle stick.
- Then let it dry completely before you display proudly!
- Repeat ALL the steps above per branch craft.
- Remember – if you make quite a few of these, you can arrange them to actually look like a tree!
RELATED —> Bubble Wrap Print Cherry Blossom Tree
If you are looking for even MORE easy cherry blossom themed kid craft ideas on Glued To My Crafts, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below.
- Cherry Blossom Popcorn Tree
- Bubble Wrap Cherry Blossom Tree
- Popcorn Cherry Blossom Tree
- Popsicle Stick Cherry Blossom
- Q-Tip Painted Cherry Blossom
- Confetti Cherry Blossom Tree
- Cherry Blossom Tree Crafts
- Fork Painted Cherry Blossom